Foster Care Class
Wow! Talk about alot of information in one night! David and I are excited. Our marriage is going to strengthen so much. 3 hours of dedicated "us time."
We will have alot of "roadwork" (homework) over the next 10 weeks on top of the 3 home visits. Our "coordinator" is pregnant, so our home visits won't be until Novemember and December. Her report isn't due until January 23, so we won't have kids in our home until the beginning of February at the earliest.
This gives us time to deal with.....
The Knee!
I called my ortho, Dr. Brown, to get a follow up appointment. So, my thought: try the Prednisone and get the CT scan done before my appointment next week on Tuesday. That way, we're one step closer to figuring out what's going on, right?
The first return message from the nurse: "I spoke with Valerie, the PA, and she doesn't think Prednisone is warranted at this point. She recommends 2 tablets of Aleve 2 times a day. Also, before you come back on Tuesday, please have your physical therapist send us an updated report of your progress." Okay, did she even LOOK at my file? Why do I ask this? Because... I was told to take Aleve - by the PA - 2 weeks ago. It hasn't helped. This SAME PA wrote a prescription for Mobic (7.5 mg daily), which I began taking on Thursday.
So, I called back and left a message for the nurse. "I've been on Mobic, which you prescribed me, since Thursday. This is why I'm wondering if we can try the Prednisone or do the CT so that we can be one step closer to making any decisions. Also, if Dr. Brown wants me to continue PT, he needs to send new orders over as they end this week."
Her message to me: "I spoke with Dr. Brown about you and he doesn't see that the scan or Prednisone are needed right now. Since you're on Mobic and the Cortizone shot didn't help, he thinks you just need to take time and rest. Elevate and ice your knee as often as you feel necessary. This is something that will just take time. See you Tuesday!"
My mental response: Screw you! You don't know me from Eve and you probably didn't even look at my file before making these "recommendations."
My actual response: I made a phone call to my family doctor, leaving a message for the nurse. "Would Dr. L want to see me before giving me a referral to another orthopaedic dr for a second opinion? I need to see a dr who will listen to my concerns and find out what is really wrong with me."
We'll see what happens. I'm very frustrated, very emotional, very anxious about all of this... Tomorrow should be another "easy" night at therapy because I'm still banned from any exercises. Unfortunately, my knee actually hurts WORSE without exercising than it did WITH the exercises. I don't get it?!!?!!!!
Hopefully I'll have better news soon....
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for painless days!
Ugh! How annoying. It's like you keep walking into a brick wall. I hope you're feeling a bit better soon.
I am having knee issues as well. I hope they can figure out what is up and help you heal quickly!
How have you been? It's been a while since you've written a blog.
Post a Comment