Sunday, June 14, 2009

My tastes in life are changing....

I made a decision today: Either I'm getting old, or my tastes are changing! Why, you ask? I'm making this conclusion based off of several "facts" from the last few weeks.

Fact #1: Birthday gifts
I got EXCITED about getting clothes, a bathroom scale, and a Heart Rate Monitor! Seriously! Who does this besides the old people? Only a few years ago, I was asking for fun stuff: books, games, alcohol, clothes (but to totally different stores).

Then, I see my dad for my birthday breakfast today. And, he gives me this:

And I got even more excited!!!! David and I had thought about getting this exact scale when I get my summer school check! I LOVE it!!!

Fact #2: Food choices
I found another yummy "thing" to throw on salads. I'm not a huge fan of tuna, but a friend of mine introduced me to these:

I've now eaten it on a piece of toast, on crackers, and.... on top of a salad! It was a perfect, low point, protein to a big salad! I've had the Mango Chipotle and the Tomato Pesto. David loves them also! They are now a "requirement" in our cabinets!

Fact #3: Trying to get healthy choices
I have the joy of inheriting my mom's sinus problems. I get sinus infections 2-3 times a year. The last couple years, I've avoided getting more than 1 a year. This year, the season has started early. I started with allergies, then got a cold, and now I'm fighting the sinus infection. My sister, and several other people, told me about this:

It looks complicated, but it really isn't. Lukewarm water, dump a packet of solution in, shake. Bend over, stick the end of the pot in your nose and let it do it's magic. Eventually, the water will start to run out your other nostril. Doesn't it sound yummy? I get it down my throat every once in a while, which that does NOT taste good. Then you blow your nose, and do it on the other side.

But, the big thing: it works! The pressure in my head is starting to go down a little bit. I'm able to blow stuff out for an hour or two after I do the pot. It's great!!! David laughs at me because I've taken to saying "I need to do my pot."

I know this was all totally random. But it's amazing how life has changed in the last few years! Things that never, ever mattered matter now. Things that I thought "You're crazy if you own" I WANT. I LOVE. Things that I thought were gross, I purchase, and use 2-3 times a day!

Anyways... look for some yummy new recipes coming up! I haven't done any for a while, and we've had quite a few yummy things! Plus, we're doing a BBQ this weekend, and Saturday is food day at work. I'm debating which recipe to take for that. David's surgery is Tuesday, so please say a prayer. He's pretty nervous and stressed about everything. He needs all the prayers he can get.

3 comments:

X-Country2 said...

I will give you $1M internet dollars to post a video of you Neti potting. :o)

K said...

Did you already mention what the surgery is for or am I missing something? Either way I'll say a prayer!

Getting older is weird, huh? One day you wake up a realize that you did essentially nothing on your birthday and asked for gifts that you would have laughed at before- and you're okay with all of that. Totally weird.

Amanda said...

Nikki - Convince David to take the picture and you got it!

Krysta - I think I've mentioned it before, but who knows. He got sick a couple months ago, and it's taken this long to get tested, see the surgeon, and get the surgery scheduled!