So, in honor of today, here is a picture journey of our years together.......
David and I had our first date on August 27, 2005. A week or two later, he invited me to watch him race.
Fast forward to Aug 27, 2006... for Christmas, David had asked for professional pictures. It took 8 months, but we finally had some pictures taken!
A month later (September 30), David popped the question. He totally surprised me by saying that it was somebody's birthday and we were doing a surprise party. He said it was "dressy," so he'd take advantage and get a cheap limo for the fun of it and take me to a nice dinner. Yes, I bought it hook line and sinker. After dinner at Vivace's, we went to the Lewis and Clark Monument. I knew he was planning on proposing sometime, but didn't know when. As we're standing on the outlook, watching planes land, he says... "I wish your ring had come by now." I said "It's okay. I love you and will wait for the rest of my life for you." He said, "The ring came early so turn around." As I turned around I realized he was down on one knee. He asked me to be his wife and spend the rest of his life with me. I was shaking so bad that I had to put the ring on myself and could barely say yes! We got great pictures thanks to the limo driver.
Oh, and the birthday party? It was a surprise engagement party! David is awesome.
The weekend after David proposed, we went to my sister and brother-in-law's wedding reception. They eloped on St. Patrick's Day, and were celebrating their wedding with family and friends on October 5.
We started planning our wedding - for Oct 6. I wanted a big, fall wedding. As fall turned to winter, winter turned to spring.... Well, everything seemed to go wrong. I had friends and family arguing with me and fighting with each other about what was "right" for OUR wedding. David made the comment one day "we should just elope." I said no. He said "then let's move the wedding up." No. I want my fall wedding. 2 weeks later, on May 1, I told David "I want to move the wedding up. I'm calling the photographer today to see when he's available in June." June 1 was it!
We planned an outside wedding - at the gazebo in Carter Lake, where we lived. It was going to be perfect! We had a backup plan of the methodist church if the weather got bad. Well, the day of the wedding, storms were "questionable" and as the morning progressed, it was getting pretty dark in the West. We made the call to move it indoors to the church. The rain? We had LITERALLY 5 raindrops all day. The church was perfect, though, for our 60 guests. And we were able to go to a park for pictures! Sorry for the multitude of pictures - I just love them all, and had trouble narrowing them down! And they are in no particular order - Blogger adds things weird!
Married life was great! We spent the weekend going to the zoo with family, a bed and breakfast Bed and Breakfast, and a winery. The first year flew by! We celebrated our first anniversary with the B&B again and a few wineries around Grand Island.
This spring, we had pictures taken. David loves to ask for professional pictures, so I think that's just going to be his new "standing" Christmas present.



Life continues to pass us by... I keep thinking one of these days it will slow down, but then again, I don't want it to. I love life. I love my husband. I love everything that we have. We are so blessed. And everyday, I fall more and more in love with him.
And finally, if you made it through this, I applaud you! Here are two final pictures - both from this weekend. One at the mansion, and one at a winery.




3 comments:
You are both so photogenic!
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! He sounds like an awesome man! By the way, you look great!
What a romantic fella! Thanks for sharing the pics...you both look great!
Congrats on two years...may there be many more! =)
Post a Comment