Since hurting my knee, workouts have been limited. Stress has mounted for lots of reasons, and WW has fallen to the backburner...
On Monday, I got on the scale to see where I was at. I started crying when it said 202. Seriously? I'm back over 200???? I've gained 17 lbs since hurting my knee. Crap!
And then I remembered something... Weight Watchers is a LIFETIME journey. It's not a diet, it's not a get-to-goal-and-then-stop thing. No, it's not. It really is a lifetime journey. It's a road... And I accidentally took the wrong fork in the road. Well, guess what? I found the spot to make the UTurn at. I'm making that Uturn and then getting onto the right path again!
Today is Wednesday, and when I got on the scale this morning, it was down to 197.3! I know it's water weight, but hey -- it's down! I watched my points all day on Monday (it wasn't perfect, but it was close), and yesterday I stayed just under my points. I've done really good today - I did have an oatmeal cookie, but my student teacher was doing a cooking project. The kids need to see us trying it to say "Oh, well, even the teachers try 'new' things!"
I had Physical Therapy tonight. This week has been better than last week. I had alot of pain last week, but he helped me push through it. This week, we worked out the "order" of exercises so that I can complete them all without unbearable pain. And.........
I get to start light cardio!!!!! He said I can do the treadmill or stationary bike, but the treadmill will be easier. No incline, and only 5-10 minutes to start. But, you know what? It's a start! So, I'm going to meet David at the gym after work tomorrow. He can obviously work out alot longer than I can, so he can get his long workout in, and I'll do my stuff while he's doing his cool down.
I know that getting back into the gym is going to help the weight. If nothing else, it will help me mentally - to know that I'm at least burning a few calories, and I won't be sitting around so much. I'm hoping it goes well - my goal is 3 times this week, and then I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can up the time and maybe days next week!!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You guys are such a strong couple together encouraging each other! So excited to hear you get to get back into Cardio...it'll feel so good to start workin up a sweat, huh?
Post a Comment