Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Night One of Dog Training!

Sorry, no pics or video. My camera was in my purse and David didn't want to get it.

So, each dog was seperated while the rest went outside.
~ Chewy went first. He did pretty well once he calmed down. I got him to sit one time without giving him a treat!
~ Allie was next. She was so excited! She is a very good dancer, but not that great of a sitter. She walked about 6 feet on her hind legs before I gave her a treat. Then, we started the "sit" word. She kind of got it. Not too bad.
~ Jazz went next because she was the only one I could get to stay inside. I didn't think she would do very well, but actually did awesome! And at bedtime, she was the first one to sit to get her treat!
~ Sam went next and did good too. The whole time, she was wagging her tail, even when she was sitting.
~ I asked David what to do with Toby because he can sit and lay down already. He wants him to walk. Toby did pretty well ~ better when his paws could touch my hand, which David agreed would be a "passing grade" on Test Day!
~ Max has to lay down because he already sits. He also handled the challenge well. He flops out like a big bear rug, and he's so furry that we both just laughed!

If I have time to work with them tonight, I will try to get pics. And when David is home this weekend I will have him do video of the most entertaining.

1 comment:

WantWait&Pray said...

You go girl....I know you can do it! Dogs learn so fast- David is gonna eat his words! haha!
When you are done training your dogs.....will you come and train mine?