Thursday, June 11, 2009

Birthday Clothes!

Tuesday was my birthday and David spoiled me rotten with dinner! My mom sent me some birthday money and made me promise to use it on something fun! My grandparents also sent me some money, so I had that also.

First, we went to Kohl's and I didn't really see anything that I liked. I really wanted a swim suit, and found one on Penny's website. So, we went there next. And here is what I got:
2 shirts I can wear at work: (The pictures aren't the best - it's dark in the house, and David was taking them at a weird angle)


And 2 fun summer shirts:


(This is my favorite buy of the night)



(Sorry about the tag)

And.... I got a 2 piece swim suit! I got a tankini because I just wasn't ready for a bikini. Although, I did make progress - I tried one on! Maybe it was the style, but I knew there was no way I would be comfortable in it. So, I got this instead:


As for my grandparents' money... We got this:

It was more than I was planning on, but David "chipped in" the extra money because he wanted all the extra "fun" stuff.

Oh, and David's present to me??

Yep! I'm getting a Heart Rate Monitor!!! The puppies helped me pick the pink one (versus green). It comes with the transmitter (a $30-40 value), free shipping, and no tax! It should be here Monday or Tuesday!

Overall, it was a great birthday! Even after a really, really unhealthy day, I still lost .4 lbs for the week. I have one more week of maintenance and then I'm officially Lifetime! I got the 3 month journal that I'll use to manually track. That and my new HRM, and I'll be able to keep this weight off. I'm considering losing a few more lbs - 5, maybe 10...?

Anyways! Awesome day, awesome shopping spree... Awesome week!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Happy Birthday! You picked out some great shirts! The Heart Rate Monitor is an awesome present too. You'll have to write a blog about it after you've tried it out a bit.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had fun spending some money. So tell me, what was maintenance like. I never made it that far and seem to be regressing now.