Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chicken and Rice Casserole

This is basically the same recipe we all grew up on. But, you'll be amazed at the portion size and points! Just by shredding the chicken it SEEMS like you get a much bigger portion and much more filling.

POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 8

Ingredients

4 cooked chicken breasts (I cooked mine on George Foreman)
2 cups cooked white rice (You could use brown, but we haven't found a good brand of brown rice -- any suggestions?)
1 cup Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup *
1 cup Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup *
2 second spray PAM
Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
Shred chicken breasts, cook soups with water. Spray 13x9x2 inch baking dish with PAM. Cover dish with rice, layer shredded chicken on top. Pour soups over chicken. Bake at 350 until it bubbles (it took about 10 min before some of the chicken started browning a little).

* Using a whole can of both soups may have changed the points a little, but I was afraid it would be too dry. It was perfect this way!
* We also put a little fat free shredded cheese on the top - 1/4 cup over the whole thing.

1 comment:

priorfatgirl's mom said...

Sounds good...I'll have to try it out on hubbie. I'm always looking for good recipes.
Thanks
Kim