I realized tonight that I need to update my monthly goals! I can't believe May flew by so quickly. As a reminder, here were my goals for May:
* Lose 4 lbs (Reward: 1 new outfit) -- Completed 5/6! I still haven't gotten my outfit though! I did get that blue top for last weekend, but now I get slacks, jeans, shorts... something! I think I want to use my reward to get a swimsuit - they are all WAY too big.
*Workout: Cardio 45 min 3x a week; Toning 2x a week (Reward: Dinner in the Old Market and a carriage ride!) -- Completed! I was much better about strength training and toning this month. So, David owes me dinner and a carriage ride in The Old Market (Downtown Omaha).
Now, I get to figure out June goals. I'm stumped with my weight "loss" goal. Since I'm supposed to be maintaining, I can't say that I'm going to lose. I know that I'm going to stay in my window, so I don't feel right saying "I will maintain my weight loss." I think I'm going to say that I will lose 4 lbs. I've decided to lose 10 more lbs and my maintenance "phase" ends in 2 weeks. So, if I lose 1 lb a week, I can hit that goal. My reward this month will be to go see a movie (nothing David will veto, and no popcorn needed!).
My exercise goal was easy to decide - on Monday, I made it 13 laps on the track. David wants me to point out I was in Lane 2, which means I went a little more than a 5K. I was able to do it in 50 minutes. So, I want to be able to complete it in 45 minutes or less by the end of June. I will also continue to do strength training 2 times a week. For this reward, I get a pedicure!
Maintenance has been going well. I had my 4th weigh in tonight since hitting goal. I've fluctuated quite a bit in that range, trying to play with how many daily points (29-33). I've also played with how many weekly flex points I can use (I used all of them last week and gained 3 lbs). Another thing I'm playing with is how many activity points I need to earn to maintain. So far, I'm thinking that I can eat 33 points most days, use 15-20 weekly points throughout the week, and I need to earn 15-20 activity points.
Right now, I'm .4 above goal, but I've ranged between 2.8 below up to .8 above. After maintenance, I want to lose another 10 lbs, and should be able to do that by just dropping the extra 4 daily points.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love reading your blog, and even though I'm far from maintenance, I still like reading about it to see what to expect. I think your goals are good, and your rewards sound great! Keep it up, you're doing wonderfully!
I love reading about your rewards. I've always wanted to do teh carriage rides downtown. Good luck!
Post a Comment