Knee Update
Well, I started Physical Therapy today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be but it definitely wasn't pleasant. Lots of burning, pulling, stinging... I found out my biggest problem: My quad muscle is very weak. It's almost 2 cm LESS than my right leg. He doesn't know if I necessarily lost it in the last few weeks or if it's been declining and that's why I'm hurting... But, that's where we're starting - with strengthening the quad and then going from there. We also have to calm my knee down from all the irritation from the last 2 months.
3 times a week for at least 3 weeks - about an hour each time - plus exercises at home 2 times a day and icing once. I'm still taking the Aleve, and he said that will help, but he Ultrasounded my knee today - he said that gets the "heat" deep, deep down and calm things down a little quicker. It was the only thing (besides the ice) that felt good!
Weigh Ins...
For the next 3 weeks, I won't be able to go to Weigh In. I have PT on Mon, Wed, and Thurs. Weigh In is Wednesday. I might be able to swing over to a site on Thursday, just to weigh in... but I'm sad. I'll miss my group! David will still go, though, so at least I can stay in the loop!
I'm disappointed about this. Right now, I'm still not exercising (other than what I do at PT), and I've been watching the scale go up. I got my butt back in gear the last couple days -- I'm going back down, slowly. Granted, I'm not above 190, but it's like "Oh.My.God! I CAN'T do this again!" EEK! So, I know it will be okay. By the time I go back, maybe I'll be down to my 180!
Family Pictures!
2 weeks ago, we had pictures taken with David's family. Did I tell you that? I can't remember... Either way, They are in!!!!! Check out her website:
http://www.heidikeenephotography.com
At the bottom, click on Clients and type the password: thereynolds
If you don't feel like looking - I'll put some of my favorites up when I get the CD in a few days. I'm SO excited. They all turned out AWESOME!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Cute pictures!
I am finally back to my old blog...must lose the baby weight!
http://martinigal.blogspot.com/
I like the pic of you and your husband in front of the flowers where he's kissing you on the cheek. You look so pretty in that one! =)
BTW...I need to clarify my weight loss! I haven't lost 25 pounds in 12 weeks. Here's the story.. I had lost 17 pounds by the time I came home from the hospital two days later (from the baby and extra fluid etc)...then lost 13 more the following week and a half (more fluid). After that, I didn't lose any more...I've actually gained back 5 pounds over the last 9 weeks or so. Whoops! So that's how I'm left with 30 of the 55. I am starting dieting...er..making better choices...TODAY. Thanks for your support. =)
Love the pics too! Hope your knee mends quickly so you can get back to working out soon! Try to not be hard on yourself about it though. Just adjust your points- you know? And you'll be fine in the long run!
Post a Comment