BLECH! I had my ortho appt today and Dr. Brown and his resident (can't remember his name) were both wonderful. I got good news and bad news.
GOOD: The benign growth on my bone is "normal." Dr. Brown said 95% of cases referred to for this reason are actually experiencing pain for other reasons.
GOOD: I can exercise............
BAD: I can't run anymore.
BAD: I have beginning stages of arthritis in my knee. I have alot of fluid under my knee cap, some swelling, and my knee cap is very loose. The resident said "If I wanted to be a prick, I could probably pop it out without trying very hard." Gee, thanks.
I got a cortizone shot and that was NOT an experience that I'd wish upon my worst enemy - or myself again for that matter. I'm taking tomorrow off work because the pain from the shot is really, really bad. David was worried about me pushing myself too hard at work so I'm gonna sit on the couch and keep my knee up.
I have to wait and see what happens as far as the pain goes. Dr. Brown said it should be MUCH better in a few days, and then I can resume exercising. He said walking, elliptical, swimming, and possibly biking are good options. No running, and no stairs.
I'm not sure what to about our upcoming races. Both the Corporate Cup and Race for the Cure I can walk. But, can I PHYSICALLY do the distance? I'm not sure. I haven't signed up for the Race yet, and I have 3 days to make the decision. I'll see how tomorrow goes and then go from there.
So, there you have it.... I'm sad, but at least I know what's going on. I know I'll get through this hurdle just like I have all the others, but DAMN! I wanted to be able to continue running!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear this Amanda! It's good to finally know what's going on, but bummer to not be able to run anymore :(
Darn!!! I am sorry about your knee and the painful shot! I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment