Thursday, September 17, 2009

Knee Update

Well, it's been a little over a week since my cortizone shot.

I tried exercising on Sunday and it did not go well. I made it a total of 10 minutes between the elliptical and treadmill. 47 calories. That's it. And what happened? STRONG, SHARP pain. Intense. And it hasn't stopped since.

So, I called Dr. Brown back on Monday and he ordered an MRI. I had the MRI done Wednesday morning and got the results back today. Everything "looks good." All the ligaments and everything "in there" is fine. My knee cap is loose (yes, I knew this), and there is some "wearing" of my joint because of the way my knee cap moves when I walk. It doesn't sit in the center like it should, so the "track" is wearing down and causing pain.

I have to take 2 Aleve tablets 2 times a day. Okay, fine. Got it. And.... I have to start going to Physical Therapy. He wrote the order for 2-3 times a week for 2-3 weeks. Great. One more thing to do. I'm hoping they teach me some exercises that I can do to keep my knee strong so I can start working out again.

I need to work out. Need to. Have to. No if's, and's, or but's about it. It's KILLING me to not work out. So, if Physical Therapy doesn't help, I have to go back for a re-evaluation... I'm praying this works because I really don't want to end up with surgery at the end of this!

So, that's about it for me.... Tonight was Open House - I'm exhausted and in pain! We begin Foster Care classes in just a few short weeks (Oct 8 is the start date), and I'm still tutoring 2 nights a week. David is going to take one more bottle of his supplements - about 1 month worth - and then retest his swimmers! As soon as they get up to an "okay" number, we are still planning an IUI. Now I'm headed to bed.... Happy Friday Eve!

1 comment:

WantWait&Pray said...

Wow..exciting post! You sound quite busy but in a good way! Physical Therapy should help you quite a bit....if you get a good therapist. My mom is one and she is like a "life changer" for the right people. The people that are dedicated to do excercises between appointments- which I know you are. You are EXTREMELY dedicated.

1 more bottle of supplements- yay! You'll be doing an IUI SOOOON!!!