Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I did it!

Well, I went to weigh in tonight, and LOST 3 lbs!!! I couldn't believe it. When the number wasn't the same - or more - than last time, I about fell over! Last weigh in, I hit my 16 weeks and 30 lbs, but couldn't stay for the meeting. So, I got my charm this week:


Last night, I did my first "phase" of Couch to 5K! It's a running program that helps beginners "learn" to run. And I can go at my own pace - slow and steady! And if I need to repeat a week because I don't feel ready, I can do that to!

David was going to do his S/A on Friday, but our timing didn't work out, so he's waiting until Monday. So, we'll be delayed a few more days, but what's it matter in the long run? I'm at the wrong spot in my cycle to do anything anyways, so we figure it's better to ENJOY the "prep work" and be a few days later than to make it feel like a "chore."

I feel like things are maybe coming together again. We celebrate our anniversary in a two and a half weeks. I remember last year how I was panicking, trying to get everything done, and still teaching my kids... Wow! Was I a MESS! But, I loved every minute of it, and I love being married to "Firefighter Dave!"

1 comment:

BeccaSue said...

Good job on the weight loss! So you picked up running, eh?? Need a running partner?? You will find that running on your cycle actually helps. I went to the doctor yesterday and I have lost 8 pounds! See ya Saturday girl!!