Friday, May 9, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things... and other random thoughts!

So, it's been a crazy few days!
House Stuff
* The house is still in complete disarray, but getting closer to getting done! We decided to drywall over the paneling, because as you can see in Demo Day #2, it looks like crap now! So, we'll be painting 3 walls and the hallway a light green, and then the "new" wall a darker green. I need variety, so can't do it all.
* We picked out the trim to go on the bottom:

The lighter oak is the floor, and then the darker "stuff" is the trim.

Weight Loss
* I didn't make it to weigh-in this week because we were at Home Depot. I needed to switch nights anyways because of class, so I'll just go on Monday as this is going to be my "new" night for the next 6 weeks. Then, I can go back to my Thursdays!
* My 16s that I got 2-3 weeks ago are falling off of me again! Hoping to make some money in the Garage Sale this weekend so that I can afford to get some pants that fit.

Baby-Making Stuff
* David hasn't been taking his medicine consistently. He has to take it for a full week before he can redo his test. So, now, we have to wait ANOTHER cycle to do anything medically (if needed). I'm so late in this cycle, I will miss days that I would need to take Clomid if we were going to do an IUI by almost a week. Thanks darling.
* Now that we've built the 3rd bedroom, we're ready for a baby! Just have to lay carpet and paint, and we're set! That will wait until we get pregnant though.

And, finally, what you've all been waiting for...
Kids Say the Darndest Things! We've been working on our mother's day projects. I gave them a questionnaire. Some of my favorites from the mouths of 5 year olds:
***My mom is special because:
"she always buys me stuff"
"it's Mommy's day!"
"she cooks me some breakfast."
"I get her flowers."
***My mom is smart! She even knows:
"numbers"
"10 plus 40"
"that I will go to school."
"anything"
"how to go to bed"
"me"
"food"
"my homework."
*** My mom is as pretty as:
"pair of pants"
"My aunt is as pretty as a good auntie"
"rainbows"
"mom"
"fairy"
"me"
"tree"
"pumpkin"

No comments: