Saturday, December 20, 2008

I graduated!

Well, I officially graduated with my Masters of Science in Education (concentrating in ESL/ELL) from UNO on Friday. My last two grades aren't in yet, but I know I passed them both!

I didn't make my personal challenge of getting to a size 12, but with David's accident and all the other stress, it's okay. The biggest thing for me was when we went shopping. I didn't have to guess what size to wear or go to the Women's section. 2 of the 3 dresses fit perfect ~ the one that didn't had a belt at the waist and my torso is so long that those types of dresses don't work well.

Here are some pics:

My dress! I felt so good in it!!


My daddy and I. Yes, at 26 years old, I am still the biggest daddy's girl in the world! He has supported me in everything - mistake or not - and is such a wonderful role model for me.


David and I! He gave me his jacket when I had to turn my gown in and then walk to the car. He does love me! :-)


The Masters' gowns had these wing like things so I kept saying I felt like Bat Man! As we were going from the basement of the Civic to the auditorium, I texted David and said "We're leaving the Bat Cave!" He laughed.


David's mom got me a cake. I ate way more of it than I should have, but, hell, it was my graduation! We tried to send it home with her but she wouldn't take it. It will probably end up getting thrown away because we won't be able to finish it!

So, now I have to figure out what to do in my spare time! David is going to finish his RN degree which should take about 2 years. Hopefully we'll get pregnant before he finishes and maybe I'll go back for my administration certificate...... But, for now, I'm going to enjoy relaxing and keeping my house clean!

2 comments:

WantWait&Pray said...

Congratulations Chica!!!!!!!! What a fantastic accomplishment! You look fabulous in your dress too! Cute dress!

K said...

Congratulations Amanda! You should be very proud of all you accomplished. And you look fabulous in your dress no less. ;)