Well, today was the March of Dimes for babies at Mahoney. Summer is sick, so I went down by myself, driving through rain. I didn't know the forecast, so I thought it was supposed to clear up a little.
I got there, waited for a little bit, and when the race was supposed to start, they announced we were in a severe weather warning and they advised against walking. Of course they couldn't say "don't," but they strongly encouraged we not walk.
I was really sad, but figured I could just drive home and do the 3 miles at the gym. So, that's what I did! I didn't want to let my sponsors (or myself) down and not complete the walk altogether. The gym wasn't as much fun as the outside walk would have been, but it was just as fufilling!
I'm proud of myself for making the committment to do this - a year ago, I would have said no way in hell! Especially when Summer got sick... I would have said Nope! Not goin' by myself! And then, when it was cancelled, I would have just come home and crashed on the couch. But, I made the committment and I followed through. I'm already looking forward to next year!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What a great way to turn a negative situation into a positive! And you didn't make any excuses to not exercise when it was taken away from you.
I was disappointed it got rained out, too. We had 7 people on our team and 5 of them went ahead and walked. I didn't, mainly because I was chilly and didn't want to risk catching a cold. My other friend skipped it since she had her 6-month old son w/her and would've gotten wet even in the stroller w/the hood up. I went home and put on my comfy clothes and vegged the rest of the day. Good for you on being committed to putting in 3 miles!
Post a Comment