Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quality Time...

Not too long ago, in a lifetime that I'm striving to forget...

David and I would watch TV or a movie when we had time to spend together. Or, we'd sit on the deck if it was nice enough. Now.... We go to the gym! David had to work the day shift at the hospital today and got home at 8:15. Instead of sitting on our lazy butts, we hit the gym!

Now, my knee is still hurting, so working out was a little scary for me. I looked at some workouts on Weight Watcher's stuff and found 2 strength workouts that I could do without too much pressure on my legs. I did the abs for beginners and arm sculpting. I knew if I did the beginning abs that I would probably be okay incision wise.... And I was! The arm sculpting workout was tough, but I did it! I want to get my "wings" toned - I know I can't spot reduce, but it would be nice to at least tone up a little! I did "fake" pushups - very mild, knees bent, on a mat, and only 1/2 the reps I was supposed to do. I know I wasn't going far enough to make it "real," but the attempt was there and I was DEFINITELY working muscles!

So, I'm pretty proud of us right now! I also stayed at points today. Last week was bad - 5/7 days I went over my daily points, using 15 weekly points. This week will be better!

Oh, and we're setting new goals tonight! Check out my side bar shortly... :-)

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Great job you guys! Exercising is a much better use of your time. I'm glad you're taking it careful with your knee.