Have you ever been to Washington DC and watched the changing of the guards by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier? It is seriously one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. It's completely silent, just an occasional click from a camera - and you aren't allowed to use your flash. It takes 10-15 minutes for the whole thing to go down!
Anyways... It is now time for the Changing of the Goals! That's right, June goals are no more! It's time for July!
But first.. a recap of June:
Weight Loss: My goal was to lose 4 lbs. I met this goal on June 17th. So, then, I had to keep it off. Well, last week, I had a big gain (thanks in part to emotional eating). Yesterday, I lost the exact same, so I'm back to 186. David said even though it is *technically* the 1st of July, he'll give it to me because "Well, if you had weighed in yesterday, it would have been the same!" Works for me. My Reward.... Movie Night!
Exercise: I had 2 parts to this goal. Training for my 5K, I wanted to get it done in under 45 minutes. I also wanted to tone 2 times a week. I didn't do so hot with this goal... I did get under 45 minutes on my 5K. In fact, I got 42 minutes on June 21! But I didn't do so good with the toning... So, no reward for exercising.
So, July.... What are my plans?
Weight Loss: I want to lose another 3 lbs, putting me at 183. Remember, my ultimate personal goal is 180. I'm expecting, but not hoping for, a plateau at some point. I mean, really... it's the last 6 lbs! How often do you see someone blow through that? Not very! I'm not sure yet what my reward will be. I'll keep you posted on that!
Exercise: I want to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. It doesn't have to be fast, I just want to do it! And I want to tone 2 times a week. This is a MUST! I am SO sick of my bat-wings and my flabby abs... Not sure on this goal either, but it will be something DAMN good to keep me motivated!
I can't believe it is already July! Really? It feels like yesterday I was saying goodbye to my students for the summer, and now I report back in 6 weeks! EEK! July is going to be full of lifestyle challenges:
* 4th of July/Family Reunion - BUT supposedly several family members are diabetic, so there will be some slightly healthier options.
* July 12th - a Wine tasting weekend on the Western Iowa Wine Trail. I've been planning this for a month!
* July 18th - a coworker is getting married. I love wedding cake!
* July 22nd - my mom's birthday. I love birthday cake almost as much as I love wedding cake!
No news on the Foster Care front. We are still waiting to hear back about our background checks. Obviously we know they will come back clean, but we still have to wait... Waiting, waiting, waiting...
I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, exciting 4th of July! "See" you next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment