Tonight was Weigh In, so I got the 2nd part of the challenge... But, first, you have to read my ramblings! Enjoy!
Life
David's mom was in the hospital this week. Monday morning, she woke up and her heart was racing. And by racing, I mean OVER 200 beats! When the medics got there, they had trouble finding her blood pressure. They got her heart rate calmed back down, but then she started "throwing" weird rhythms. Even the ER doctor didn't know WHAT the rhythm was. So, she spent Monday, Tuesday, and today in the hospital. She had a heart cath done yesterday, which showed "normal functioning" with the same blockages she had 5 years ago - way down deep in the branches. It's safer to just leave them alone than to try to break it up. But, the overall health of her heart isn't that great.
She came home today, and boy was she ready! She's still very tired, and since nobody in her house will help her... I get the job while David is working. I took them to dinner tonight and will cook dinner tomorrow night. She should be okay lunch wise - she has a few left overs from last night and frozen pizza she can heat up if she needs to.
I had some blood work done this week because I've had no energy. I haven't even WANTED to exercise, which is unusual for me. I can usually be a little tired but still want to work out, and then have energy afterwards! The last couple weeks - nope! David has had to DRAG my butt to the gym to do even 1/2 of my normal workout. All my blood work came back normal, so my doctor wants to do a sleep study. I'm waiting for them to call and set it up.
Fertility
We got some news this week. I'm scared. David's labs came back. Basically, his testosterone and estrogen levels are reversed - he has very low testosterone and very high estrogen. His semen analysis was also not good. Good volume but low count. Also, it says that he had 0% motility, which is worse than it was last year. And, the count was so low that they could not tell how the morphology was, but we know that's off from last year's analysis.
So, he called his new urologist, the one that we had so much hope in, and he said that he can't help David at this point. Right now, his physiological needs are more important than the fertility needs. The levels of estrogen in his body are DANGEROUS for him, as is the testosterone. It may even explain some of his struggles to lose weight in the past. So, he said David need to see an Endocronologist.....
His family doctor is also a licensed Endocronologist. So, we have an appointment to see him on Tuesday. The Urologist recommended a specific drug (I can't remember the name of it) that is used in women to treat breast cancer. Basically, it should lower the estrogen, which will then raise the testosterone. We don't want David to be on an actual testosterone supplement because that will hurt the sperm that ARE there!
We'll know more on Tuesday, but we are both scared. We know that adoption is a definite option for us. We will not do donor sperm (our own personal reasons), but adoption is there... But, why do things have to be so difficult?? I'm trying not to be angry, to not blame people who aren't to blame, to still be happy for friends who are pregnant, for friends/family who have children... But, you know what? Sometimes, I just can't be! Every time we turn around, we are getting more bad news with every doctor, every month that goes by.... When will OUR miracle be here?????
Weight Loss
Onto a happier subject.... Tonight was weigh in! I lost 3.8 lbs this week! I am down to 183.4! I can't believe it!!!! I'm a stress eater, and hospital food is not exactly healthy. Yes, the salad bar is, but the pecan roll or the slice of sausage/mushroom pizza I had yesterday WERE NOT so healthy. As a running total... I am down 68.8 lbs! I keep thinking: If I carried all of my dogs all at once, I would be carrying the body weight that I had 18 months ago!
David was up a little. He realized something this week: How important tracking is. His phone died a few days ago, and that's how he tracks what he eats. He hasn't had it for a week, so hasn't tracked his points. He's not a "writer," so he was keeping points mentally. Well, mental points + your mom in the hospital + your wife being crazy psycho for a few days + overal, general stress = a gain. He got his phone back yesterday, so things will be better next week!
This Week's Challenge
Last week's veggie & fruit challenge was to get 3 different colors each day. How did you do?? Writing down, I realize I stick to "comfortable" colors, or maybe just "comfortable" fruits/veggies. But, I did throw some different colors in throughout the week.
So, this week, we are building on that... Get 3 different colors a day (or even shoot for each meal!) AND fill half of our plate with fruits and veggies EVERY SINGLE MEAL. Not just once a day, or once this week - but every meal. Can you do it??? We talked about the proportions of a plate - 1/4 should be your protein; 1/4 grains; 1/2 veggies/fruits. This is how it should ALWAYS be. Not just for our challenge. But, that is what Weight Watchers is doing - teaching us to incorporate more fruits and veggies into our lives!
I went to farmer's market today and picked up tons of veggies and it only cost me $19! I got corn, green beans, blueberries, new potatoes, yellow and green zucchini, and cucumbers. Yummy! Tomorrow I'm going to try a Green Monster smoothie for breakfast. I'm using peanut butter for protein (and an oil!) and a banana for my fruit. I figured out it will be 6 points if I drink the entire thing. BUT it should keep me satisfied for most - if not all - of the morning!
Well... I guess that's about it for my update. I know.. lots of random stuff but things that I needed to get off of my chest. Thanks for listening. Let me know how you are doing with the fruits & veggies challenge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment