Well, it's been another week! So much to talk about...
Infertility
We met with David's family doctor, who is also a licensed endocrinologist. The urologist had told us that we needed the help from the endo because David's estrogen was high. Well, Dr. M looks at it and says "No it's not! This guy is an idiot." Basically, his estrogen levels are slightly elevated because of his weight. Looking back from last year, his FSH and LH are in normal range, as is the "free" testosterone, which is a big improvement! So, the "treatment": Keep losing weight.
This is so frustrating to me. If you know me, or if you've been following my blog for longer than a week or two, you know how badly I want to be a mom. I want to make David a dad. We will be great parents. No, I'm not trying to be cocky about it, but after all of this... and we have it in our hearts. We WILL have a baby. We WILL be awesome parents. Our children will be spoiled, but not so spoiled that you can't stand them!
So, David is going to keep taking all of his vitamins and keep losing weight... He's going to redo the sperm analysis in October (3 1/2 months from now), and see what happens. If his numbers improve, then we can do an IUI in October or November.
Wine
Yep. More wine! David and I came down to Kansas City for mom's 61st birthday. We met some friends of mine from high school for dinner on Tuesday night, which was really nice. On Wednesday, we went to weigh in (more on that shortly...), hit lunch at California Pizza Kitchen on the suggestion of the WW leader, and then went and explored a few wineries!
David lived in KC for 5 years before we met. He worked for the 911 service down here, so he knows the area fairly well. He surprised me by taking me to Stonehaus Farms Winery. Out of all of the wines we've tried, these were seriously some of THE BEST we have ever had. He let us taste his latest vintage of the Traminette and it was to DIE FOR. I can't wait for it to be on the market in a few weeks!
Then, we drove to Knob Noster, MO and visited 2 wineries right next door to each other. Bristle Ridge and Montserrat were both excellent wineries as well!
We ended up with 6 bottles of wine, one of which was opened for Mom's birthday dinner, and we will DEFINITELY be going back to visit all 3 again!
5K Training
We are getting closer and closer! Check out that tracker on the side - August 15 is going to be here before we know it!
This week was better training wise. I'm still dealing with a major lack of energy, but David has been able to push me a little to get off my butt and go run. We went to the gym one morning and I was able to jog for 26 minutes straight. I walked for a few minutes and then jogged the last 5 before my cool down.
So, I figured... If I can do 26 min on the treadmill, I should be able to do 20 outside on the trail. So, I started with my 1/2 mile (7 minute) warmup through the neighborhood. Then, I started jogging. I kept going... and going... and going... and going! When I got to my turn around spot, I had made it 19 minutes and 40 seconds! I had been fighting a pretty good side pain for a few minutes, so I started walking a few seconds early. I walked for 3 minutes and 20 seconds and then started jogging again. I ended up jogging a little over 15 minutes before I hit the neighborhood again, which ends up being right about 3.1 miles! It ended up being 42 minutes to complete the 5K, and I only had to walk 3 minutes of it! Next week, I'm going to go 25 minutes before I stop to walk, and I'll try to cut it down to a 2 minute walk before starting up again.
Someone asked me how quickly I want to finish the 5K. My goal? To finish it! I really want to run the whole thing, and right now, I know that that's doable. I'm just praying that it won't be extremely hot or humid that morning. It starts at 8:00, so it *shouldn't* be too bad yet.
Weekly Weigh In
Granted, I weighed in first thing in the morning, without eating breakfast... But, I showed a .2 lb gain. I know that, if I had been at home, weighing in at my normal time, I would be up at least 1 lb. It was just one of those weeks... And I'm okay with that! That's what Lifetime is about, right? Making it work for me.
The leader, Ann, at this particular meeting was wonderful! I love Leah, our leader at home, and now I know when we visit Mom, we have to come see Ann! The best part? She has a blog: The Hungry Poodle. I added it to my list of blogs to follow, but feel free to check her out. She just posted a recipe for fish tacos that sounds AWESOME! She was very motivating in the meeting, and I'm excited to start reading her blog regularly!
The Challenge!
As a recap... The first week, we aimed for 3 different colors each day. The second week (last week), we filled half of our plate with vegetables or fruit....
And this week.....
Try at least one new fruit or vegetable every day.
David and I eat so many veggies and fruits already. We buy a big variety of things, although we have our favorites. So, if we can't find totally new things to try, we think if we do fruits or veggies that aren't "normal," we could count that. Right? David has only had rhubarb in pies, so I think that's going to be in one meal at some point this week.. And we may explore with squash, something we've both had in the past, but never prepared in a HEALTHY way!
So, how did you do this week with filling your plate up? And... What new fruit or vegetable are you going to try? Give me some ideas or suggestions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Doctors sure can be frustrating! This wasn't horrible news though, so I'm rooting for David to continue his weight loss....I'm right there with him!
Good luck to you and David later this year! You will make great parents!
Sounds like your training is going very well. I can't wait to hear about the actual run in a few weeks. You're going to rock it!
That is frustrating news from the Dr but good news that the "cure" they think is losing weight since you're such a GREAT inspiration!
GOOOD LUCK to you both. Can't believe you go back to school so soon!
Post a Comment