Thursday, August 13, 2009

Quick Update

Well, since David updated his blog, I should probably update mine for the week! I'm running short on time, so no fun formatting - sorry!

Weighin was last night - I was up 1 lb. But, you know what? It was only 1 lb! I'm at 184.8. I can handle that! I had a tough food week - I let myself slack off, and I'm not able to exercise as well because of my knee. So, this week, I'm back to paying attention to what I'm doing. I will track every day, I will pay attention to my daily, weekly, and activity points. I will lose weight this week!

I went to see a PA this week for my knee. She's an idiot. She did an xray and found a "benign" growth on my bone right above my patella. Her nurse said "if" I want to go to an Ortho, they'll write me a referral. Yes, I want to go. Oh, and I asked about exercise and running - "Well, Linda [PA] says you're fine to do it if it doesn't hurt." Okay, well, obviously it hurts - that's why I came to you in the first place! Idiots!!! My Ortho appointment is Sept 8th, and I've heard very good things about this doctor.

So, Saturday is our 5K. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I know I'm going to at least walk it - I'm hoping to run some of it. I may walk all of it but the last part - at least then I can be running across the finish line! We'll take before/after pictures at the race, and then we're going to breakfast with my dad!

I have my sleep study scheduled. They think I may have narcolepsy or some sort of para-insomnia. So, instead of just staying the night, I have to stay the day, too. They will give me 5 "opportunities" to nap throughout the day to see what my brain does. Lovely. That is Sept 15th/16th.

We went back to school this week! The kids start Monday, but we're doing meetings and getting our rooms ready. Today is a Curriculum Day (meeting with big-wig administrators) and then tonight is "Safe Walk to School" - basically a "meet the teacher" night. So, I have to dress up a little. I'll post a pic later but I feel great!

The turtles get to go to school tomorrow! They are starting to get used to each other. In fact, last night I caught them snuggling in their sleep. And, yes, they are both girls! It wasn't THAT kind of snuggle. I'm excited for the kids to see them!

Well, I think that's about it for my quickie update. I promised you recipes, but I haven't been cooking much. My energy level is still in the dumps and David hasn't been home much. Hopefully next week we'll get into the swing of us both being back at work/school and home together a few hours a night!

No comments: