Monday, August 31, 2009

Surf & Turf Pizza

Yet another successful recipe from the new cookbook! The only problem? It's TOO good! I had to put the last 2 portions in the fridge before finishing my portion so that I wouldn't go back for seconds!!!!


POINTS: 7

Serves: 4 (2 slices)


Ingredients


1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
1 (6 1/2 ounces) can minced clams, drained
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 ounce prosciutto, chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup torn basil

Directions

Preheat the oven to 475*.
Unroll the dough onto a pizza pan or a baking sheet, gently pulling on the dough to form a 12 inch circle. (I left it in a rectangle and it turned out fine.) Sprinkle the dough evenly with the clams, zucchini, and prosciutto. (I think next time I will put the zucchini on the bottom, but you can do it however!) Lightly spray the top of the pizza with olive oil cooking spray. (We were out of spray, so I just brushed a little olive oil on.) Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake until crisp and browned, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil and cut into 8 wedges. (I misread the recipe and cooked it with the basil. It turned out great!)
A few weeks ago, someone suggested I take pictures of the food. For the first time, I actually remembered to take a picture before I inhaled! So, here you are:

Next time I'll put the clams and prosciutto on top of the zucchini, but it really doesn't matter in the end. Yummy, yummy, yummy!

No comments: