The day started out raining - CRAZY, pouring down rain. We were hoping and praying that it would stop raining, or at least stop pouring down rain. We sat in the car while we waited for the time to pass and hope the rain would stop!

Luckily, it DID stop! About 8:15 it started slowing down a little and by 8:25 it had completely stopped. They did the "normal" pre-race stuff - letting us know what the route was, etc... We made sure our numbers were pinned on and our timing chips were secured on our shoes.
And off we went!! David wanted me to walk the whole thing because my knee has been so bad. I started walking, but got really impatient after 5 minutes - I wanted, no... NEEDED... to run. So, I started running. I made the SMART choice to walk all inclines - up and down. And only ran 4-5 minutes at a time.
Final time?? 40:33! David completed in just over 42 minutes. My dad met us at the finish line and took pictures for us before we went to breakfast. We were wet from rain and sweat, but we felt great!



I did pay for that 40:33 with a fair amount of knee pain for the rest of the day. By the end of the day, it was survivable (or maybe that was the wine??), but David and my dad were really worried about me afterwards.
Thank you to all of you for your support while we've trained. David is doing so great running, and I am so proud of him. I'm waiting until my dr's appt on Sept 8 before I do anymore running. I'm hoping to walk and do some elliptical at the gym, but it all depends on what the knee can handle. I'm hoping -- praying -- that I can keep running after I see him. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!



3 comments:
Congratulations to you BOTH! You are both looking GREAT! Yay- your motivation and determination is so admirable and inspiring!!!
Yay! Very great job to you both. Hopefully the doctor gives you some good news so you can keep up running. It seems to suit you very well. :o)
Congrats! You both did awesome! I can only imagine how hard it was to not run too much! That's what you've been training for.
Post a Comment