That's right: another challenge. A couple months ago, it was the Momentum Walk It Challenge, which David and I signed up for. Now, a different kind of challenge - one that NOBODY can avoid, and one that NOBODY can fail.
What did the lettuce say to the celery? Quit stalking me!
Can you guess what the challenge is? Fruits and vegetables!!! This week is the kick off week to their Fruits and Vegetables challenge! Over the next 4 weeks, we will add color, quantity, and variety to our daily 5 servings. Of course, we can always do more than 5, but they are encouraging us to increase to at least 5!
A faucet, lettuce, and tomato were in a race. What do you think happened? Well, the faucet kept running, the lettuce tried to get ahead, and the tomato had to catch up!
I sometimes struggle with fruits and veggies... Yeah, I get something in for breakfast and usually for dinner. But the rest of the day really depends on my mood. So I'm taking this challenge to heart. I know that I can easily get the servings in - it's just a matter of planning and trying new things! What keeps me full the longest? What do I like the best? I know that I can't have an apple for a snack because I will be hungry 20 minutes later. Lettuce is boring, so my salads are always FULL of veggies, but always the same ones...
The challenge for the first week:
Add color! Include 3 different colors of fruits or veggies into the daily plan.
My challenge to YOU - "all" of my "loyal" readers - do the challenge with me! Everday, write down 3 different colors of fruits or veggies that you ate. Together, we can get our 5 servings a day!
What are your favorite colors/fruits? Do you rely on the basics like bananas, carrots, and lettuce? Or do you venture out and have strawberries, peppers, and jicama? Tell me your favorite fruit/vegetable and the color! Help me get inspired for the week's challenge!
As for weigh in tonight... It didn't go so hot. I'm up 1.2, putting me at 187.2. I don't know if my body is trying to maintain 186-190, or if something is going on... I have a dr's appt Friday to see if there is a cause between my lack of energy. I'm taking my points down a little more - still 1 above where I was when I was in "losing mode." I'd really like to get down to my personal goal of 180. If my body can't handle it, that's fine. But, I want to give it my best shot!
Oh, and the jokes were compliments of my leader. She was really on a roll tonight!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love fruits and veggies, and usually eat my daily servings in the summer, it's winter when I struggle with this.
Smoothies are great, you can get 2-3 servings in one glass :) try green smoothies, spinach has no taste raw, so you can blend it with other things, I like peanut butter & banana best.
Spaghetti squash is awesome! I have a great recipe for dinner. Have you tried edemame? its a great snack or good in a salad. Fruit...I love melon, I havent looked whats in season. At whole foods you can look and see whats in season. Soo many fun ones to try like star fruit! Hope this helps! Becca
Post a Comment