WEll, I'm already in a bad mood from prepping for the colonoscopy. Let me tell you: this is NOT fun! #1, I couldn't eat all day. #2, at 5:00, I had to start drinking the most god-awfulest, nastiest, SHIT in the entire world. They give you flavor packets that do NOTHING except make it smell a little better. I only got 2/3s of it down, but from my understanding of what is coming out of my ass right now, I'm cleaned out and ready to go.
So, my mom calls me around 6:00 to tell me my cousin is in labor. Goody. This is the girl who was raised with a silver spoon in her mouth. Her husband had even more spoons in his mouth growing up, and now they are one happy silver-spooned family. I try to be nice and pretend like I care. I try to pretend like it doesn't break my heart that WE weren't the ones bringing a child into the world tonight. But, either I'm a really good faker or my mom just doesn't give a rat's ass that this is killing me.
Baby Liberty ~ that's her first name ~ was born by c-section about 2 hours ago. They named her Liberty because her uncle (my other cousin) is in the Air Force, and they are so proud of him. Okay, I admire that. But, seriously? Liberty?? I pray they call her Libby so she doesn't get the shit beat out of her when she grows up!
I don't think this was a planned pregnancy. She made a comment at the anniversary party: "Women's bodies are resilient things!" followed by a *slight* giggle and rub of her belly. Oh, and her oh-so-adoring husband went on a 4-day surfing trip with his dad 2 weeks ago. Seriously? If David were to do something like that when I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant, I would probably file for divorce! She wants to go to work. I think this is hilarious. Her mom - my aunt - has not worked a day since my other cousin was born. He's 6 months older than me. So, she has not worked for almost 27 years! And now her daughter wants to "go to work and let some stranger raise my granddaughter!" Oh the horror.
So, yeah. That was the excitement of my night. Welcome to the world, Liberty. Hopefully you will have a your-generation cousin soon. Then maybe I'll be able to celebrate your birth the way I probably should.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Amanda...long time no talk. I'm so sorry you're still dealing with this health stuff...hopefully after this procedure you'll be back to normal. Sounds like your trip was great! I'm just traveling for work and trying to sort out insurance stuff in order to get things going. If AF shows on time....we'll be moving forward in good timing. Shoot me an email hun, hope you're doing good!
Post a Comment