I've had alot of people telling me lately how good I look. I love to hear it, but at the same time, it makes me shy back a little.... Until now, I've never realized how bad I looked before losing the weight. David always told me I was beautiful, my friends always said I looked "fine," and my family always "love you no matter what!"
And now, I'm 47 lbs down... And David can't get enough of me, people are work constantly stop me ~ we've been back for 3 weeks now, and they are STILL saying stuff! And my family is so proud of me. My para, on her first day back, said "God, your ass is gone!" It felt good to hear that ~ I hadn't noticed it ~ but at the same time, it pointed out to me how big it was before.
At the shop today, the owner said "Start eating more so we don't completely lose you!" And the joke is now I don't have my ass to open doors with when my hands are full. We're thinking about getting me butt implants so I can put them on when we have weddings to deliver.
So, thank you to you all for the compliments. I probably don't seem as grateful as I truly am. I just now have to face the emotional parts of why I let myself get so heavy in the first place. For the first time, I love everything about my life ~ the only thing that would make it better would be to win the lottery. So, I have to take the time to face the emotional issues ~ I've been dreading this, but as I get closer to lifetime I know it won't "stick" unless I deal with that.
Oh, and I'm gonna get back into exercising again. It may not be going to the gym (because of time right now), but I'm going to start doing SOMETHING! Today, I hauled some branches into the dumpster we rented and I felt pretty good. Tomorrow, I want to mow the lawn (at least part of it), plus I'm moving alot trying to get the house packed up and ready to go! Maybe I'll hit the gym on Monday.........
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You do look great! I think part of it is that you look happier too and people notice that as well so they feel the need to comment. You've done an incredible job!
Your new house looks very nice. I can't wait to be in a home one day...sometimes I don't mind apartment living but other days I want my own space.
You look great! You and your husband!
And I understand the dual thinking when you receive a compliment.
Post a Comment