Well, we had a busy weekend!
I'm still recovering from the surgery ~ get sore very easily, and worn out at the drop of a hat. I decided to cook myself dinner one night since I was sick of microwave dinners. Sloppy joes sounded good ~ I had to take a nap after I cooked and ate them! It made me that tired!
Anyways... the anniversary party was really fun.
We had some issues getting out there. Southwest Airlines decided that David needed a second ticket. But, catch this: they didn't do it in Omaha. They did it at our layover in Vegas. The bigger catch: there were 2 people on the plane BIGGER than David, but nobody said anything to them. Basically, their policy is if someone "thinks" you look bigger, they will make you buy another ticket. There is no set "if you are this tall and weigh this much" or "if you cannot sit in this chair" policy. It's totally what one person sees as bigger. So, I had wheelchair service because I KNEW I wouldn't make the airports, and David was sitting up towards the front of a chair talking to me. If we had not been in the preboarding area, or if he had been sitting all the way back, the ticket agent for A DIFFERENT GATE would not have bothered us. Then, rather than pulling him to the side and speaking to him in private, they did it in front of everybody and completely demeaned him. They were extremely rude and unapologetic. They told us that "Omaha messed up. That's not our fault." And "If you don't buy another ticket, you won't get home next week." Oh, and "If those flights are already full, you won't be going home." The flight crew going to SF was really nice ~ she even bought David a drink and checked on us constantly. I had to use the restroom. She saw me standup and literally RAN from the back of the plane to make sure I was okay getting to the bathroom. On the way home, we had more issues in Vegas ~ we "didn't check in right," but they would "fix it for you so you can go home." Bitch.
The trip was nice. I had trouble seeing my pregnant cousin. But, you know, I do believe that every baby is a miracle. When is mine though????? We went to Fisherman's Wharf on Monday, but didn't get to see as much as we wanted. My stomach started bothering me after lunch (not enough water, too much grease!), plus my incisions were bugging me. But, David and I will go again someday by ourselves!
We went to Weighin last night. We were both expecting gains. I mean, hello? SF sourdough bread will KILL YOU!!! And, while we tried to eat healthy, it's not always that possible when you are with people who aren't eating healthy! You can always make "decent" choices, but then there's always the bread, drinks, and dessert....
So, David weighed first.... he LOST 3 lbs!!!!!!!! He hit the mark that he wanted before the trip! He couldn't believe it!!! I am so proud of him!! He says he isn't going to travel again until he has lost another 50 lbs. I know he can do it, and he wants to go somewhere for my Spring Break. We just have to encourage each other and keep with it!
I gained 1 lb. But, you know what? I'm okay with that! After losing so much weight while I was sick, I need to either stay the same or gain for a couple weeks. Also, my best friend decided to rear her ugly head this week (obviously expecting her!), and I usually gain 2 lbs during that week. So, for being on vacation, and that, I only gained 1 lb! I am happy that it wasn't more!
I have my colonoscopy scheduled for Monday morning. And I report back to work on Tuesday. Not sure how I feel about going back... my summer has been wasted, but I'm ready to be busy again!
I will have pictures of everything soon. I just need to get them downloaded from my camera! Overall, it was a good trip, but we will NEVER EVER EVER fly Southwest again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment