My dr came in this morning and said the stomach ache and heart burn were related to the antibiotics. He was actually surprised I didn't get them the first night I was on the stuff. But, the pain is a ton better, so he's letting me go home.
I slept last night - the nurse was good and made sure I had my meds at a decent time, and the night nurse was really good about making sure my door was closed all the way and came in/out of the room quietly all night. I woke up around 7:00 hurting, got some meds, and slept for another 2 hrs!
My nurse today isn't as good as the one last night, but 100% better than the one yesterday during the day. Oh, and I complained to the charge nurse about yesterday's nurse. Did I tell you that? She actually lied to me about calling my dr. She misread the orders (my night nurse showed me how it could have happened), but then she LIED to me about calling my dr. Then, made me wait 2 hours with NO pain meds (at least the rest of the day they were present, but inadequate) and no answers. So, the charge nurse was very apologetic and said she would talk to the floor head on Monday about the situation. Then, she brought me a bag of goodies from "4 South Nurses" and some flowers, too.
The nutritionist from yesterday is here today too. My dr released me from NPO right at 9:45 and David went to get me a cinnamon roll because breakfast closes at 10:00 and they wouldn't have gotten the order in time. But, Bonnie, my new favorite Alegent employee, walked down with him and said she'd just charge it to my stay rather than making David pay for it! Then, she called to see how it was and what I'd like for lunch and dinner. Seriously - above and beyond what she has to do. Usually, they just have a piece of paper you circle what you want and they take that. But, she PERSONALLY called and gave me more options than she is required. "If none of that sounds good, we can get you something from the cafe instead of catering. What would you like?" Wow!
So, it's all down hill from here... Dr. K wants me to not push it going back to work - I think I'll go back on Tuesday - that gives me tomorrow and Monday at home to make sure that I'm getting better when I'm off the Iv antibiotics (I'll still have oral for 14 more days). I'm so bored and David went to let the puppies out. I'm really looking forward to getting home! I'm going to take a shower after lunch when David gets back, and then hopefully a nap is in my future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yay for sleeping in your own bed. So glad things are looking up for you!
Post a Comment