Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weekly post-op check in

I had my appt with Dr. K today. He said my belly button looked good - I was worried about it because it's been "oozing" stuff, but he said that's normal and that we should keep cleaning it out with peroxide.

As far as work.... I can still only work 3-4 hrs, and a half day is 4 1/2 -5 hrs a day. So, I'm off another week. He is a little worried about my pain, but said to give it until Tuesday. If I'm not feeling better by then, to give him a call. Today, I was able to manage the pain with Ibuprofen and only 1 Hydrocodone - a BIG accomplishment for me. But, my dr's appt and a short errand made me really hurt and made me EXHAUSTED. Like, come home, fall asleep in recliner for an hour, and still have no energy.

We also talked to Dr. K about baby-making. He recommended once David is back on Clomid that we give it a month or two extra and see if we can get pregnant on our own. Plus, we'll have all the extra stuff we've been trying, and maybe this time, we can get pregnant on our own. If not, we're shooting for a late summer/early fall IUI so that we can have a summer baby (hopefully). Oh, and the chances of endometriosis coming back are slim for about 5 years, so I guess we'll see what happens!

I think that's about it. Another week, stuck in the house, very limited activity.... David is going to help me with the laundry and I'm going to start trying to add a little activity in the house (no bending or lifting - I promise!). Happy Wednesday!

No comments: