Well, here we are, 6 days after surgery.... I've slept in bed the last 2 nights - David has been home to help me with the getting in/out aspect. Not fun. Yesterday, David took me to dinner to get me out of the house. I seriously was going to start throwing things at the tan wall in our living room or the TV (that would be tragic!) if I didn't get out.
Then, I called our vet... Toby and Max are due for shots. Our vet, Dr. Jones has left the practice. OMG, what am I going to do?? Toby SERIOUSLY gets excited when I say "Dr. Jones" - no other prompts, just her name. David is on the fire department with a vet - he's "technically" retired, but he still works about 20 hrs a week and goes on calls for the dept actively. So, we went to meet Dr. Nelson. Toby and Max liked him. He didn't give them treats like they are used to, but he was still excited. I like the office staff, and they have 3 office cats. Toby wanted to climb the counter when he saw one, which everybody laughed about. It's a walk-in, so we don't have to worry about appointments. They send post cards when dogs are due for shots, so I can put it in my calendar, and when we have the extra $15, we can take them. I still miss Dr. Jones, but if she gets a new clinic closer to home, then we may go back to her.
The vet was my daily outing today. We also went to start our taxes, but I got so tired and started hurting so bad that the lady felt bad. She said she'd get all the W2s entered for us today, then David is going to go back tomorrow to finish them. And then, he'll come home to get me and have me sign stuff when they are all done! After that, David took me to lunch, and then I went home to sleep for 3 hours - I'd probably still be asleep, but a friend came to check on me and bring movies!
I go see the surgeon tomorrow. The pain levels are better, but my energy is just so low... And as I get more tired, I start hurting more. I really want to go back to work, I miss my kids. But, I also don't want to go if it's going to hurt me more in the end! My belly button looks gross - I'll spare you from the picture - it's not infected, but nasty looking.
A friend of mine let me borrow the first 3 books of the Twilight series. I've read the first 2 and I'm about a quarter of the way done with the 3rd one. I told David that I need to get the 4th one so I can finish the series! I didn't think that I'd like them - but it was something to read, you know? - and now I'm addicted! Every time David called yesterday, I was reading or sleeping. He told me I'm pathetic. Love you too, honey.
So, that's about it. I'll post after the surgeon appointment. Happy Hump Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
HA! I finished the first book in like 2 days flat (this is while NOT being sick in bed) and I refuse to let myself buy any others until I catch up on my sleep! (And I hated the book at first).
Don't forget, healing your body takes a great deal of energy even though you can see it- it's like your body is running a marathon every day! Be good to yourself- I agree, don't rush back to work. Rest, rest, read, and rest! :)
Post a Comment