David took me to Chinese yesterday after the doctor. Seriously, this infection is making me crave all the bad stuff and alot of it! I'll go to WW meeting tomorrow, but I'm definitely not weighing in. It's allowed! When they switched to the Momentum plan, they give you basically a free pass - I don't have to weigh in, but I can still have "credit" for being there. I just know that my body needed this week and next week (or maybe in a day or two) will be better!
So, my fortune cookie read: An unexpected event will soon make your life more exciting. Good or bad? Doesn't say. But, sometimes I wonder if I WANT any more excitement?
David and I did alot of talking last night. The last 8 months have been tough with him working 72 hrs out of town. #1 - you can't try to have a baby if one of the necessary people is NOT there! #2 - we can't talk like we need to. #3 - He feels guilty that he can't help me around the house or with the puppies like he wants to. He talked to his current PT job yesterday - they will guarantee him 40+ hours a week. It is a little pay cut, BUT at this point, we think it will be okay. He can work as much overtime as he wants, and be home to be a husband, puppy daddy, and son/son-in-law. We have been very stressed with his full-time job and we think that this decision will help our marriage and our budget, even with the pay cut.
We are putting baby-making on a slight, but not complete, hold. David has been off the Clomid since his accident. He is going to wait until May and then go back on them. He is still taking the vitamins, and so am I. We are going to keep timing sex and using the other stuff we got (after my infection is cleared). But, we looked at our budget and the meds are a little expensive and not covered by insurance. By waiting until May, we will be in a better place. Then, in September/October we will go to the OB and do an IUI. If that worked, we would have a summer baby which would be perfect for my teaching! So, we're still gonna try, but we're not getting our hopes up.
We have plans. And by waiting and making these changes - somewhat expected and somewhat unexpected - we will be in a better position to be better parents and better spouses.
On the infection front... I'm still hurting. I thought the pain would start to get better, but it hasn't. I'm still exhausted, still starving. No fever (finally broke overnight), but everything else is killing me... So, I guess we'll see what happens in a few more days. I'm trying to decide about tutoring tonight - I need to go, but I feel like shit and I don't think I could give him my full attention. I also have to decide about work tomorrow. Again, feeling like SHIT, but I need to get back. I miss my kids and feel guilty for not being there.... I'm hoping my upcoming nap will help clear my thoughts and make me feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That's a great fortune...funny we both got such "interesting" fortunes in the last month! I'm thinking of you both! Your mini break will be good for both of you...to keep getting healthy, to nurture your relationship and to really prepare to dive in to whatever fertility treatments may lie ahead. As much as I stare down at my calendar each day and WAIT (and try to will time to move faster) until we do IVF again...this break has been good. We are taking some trips, he is getting healthier with his vitamins/pills and I've been really getting into working out. So...it's a good thing- just not an easy/difficult decision to make. Hugs!!!
Sounds like you have a great plan! And, you look amazing in your updated picture! Woohoo for you!
Post a Comment