Thursday, February 19, 2009

Surgeon Update

Well, Dr. I said I can work up to 4 hours. But, with teaching, it's really hard to find GOOD subs for only 1/2 day. Plus, I know that my kids will do better just not seeing me at all until I come back for good. So, I'm going to work a 1/2 day at the shop, and then I might tutor at night (only 2 hours a night).

I picked up the 4th book in the Twilight series - Breaking Dawn. I'm only into the 3rd chapter, but so excited! And, when I do get it finished before the end of the weekend, I'm going to watch movies from my friend (David is going to put the DVD player on top of the TV so I don't have to bend over).

David asked me today if I would ever considering adopting. He really wants a baby. He called his urologist, but we owe money, which we didn't realize. And they won't let him see the Dr until we pay the ENTIRE $300 - not even set up a payment plan, but actually pay it. I am so angry about this! Anyways... he was driving today and saw a billboard for an adoption agency. He wants a baby so bad. I reminded him that adopting will be way more expensive than IUI. So, as soon as we get this bill figured out - he called his old insurance company and found out that they were claiming "pre-existing condition" but they will "wave" it if he can prove insurance before that. So, as soon as this gets taken care of, David will get back on the Clomid, and then we will go for an IUI. So, the break has shortened itself - probably June or July. And as far adopting? We talked about it.... someday, we will... we will foster, adopt, do whatever we can. We both have such a heart for children who just need somebody to love them. But, right now, with us each having 3 jobs, it's just not possible to foster.

I know, lots of topics - kind of random... But I guess today was a bigger day than I thought it would be!

1 comment:

Harold said...

I'm glad you can get back to doing *something* even if you can't go back to school full-time yet. I hope your coworkers are being understanding!

I hope you guys can get back to baby-making soon, you guys seem like you will be wonderful parents someday!