So, all this emotional eating, hormones going all over the place, skin breaking out - but earlier than it ever should... I thought for sure I was pregnant.
Well, last night when I started having some pain around my left ovary, I ended up in the ER. Dr. Quack as he will now be called diagnosed me with something but didn't even do an ultrasound. He did do an exam (gotta love 'em) and blood work. He left the room to write my scripts and I asked David "If he's wrong and I am pregnant, will these meds hurt the baby?" "No, because it's early enough the urine test came back -." (The b/w PG test had to get shipped out because I was in a small-town ER) Dr. Quack recommended I go see my GP in "a week or two" if I don't feel better.
Needless to say, I wasn't going to wait a week or two - I called my OB first thing in the morning. I went in to see him and was diagnosed with the same thing, but had a more thorough exam done. I've decided now that the worst part about being pregnant will be all the internal exams and the internal ultrasound. Yeah, that was not pleasant. But, he said everything looked good! He changed the antibiotics to a 14 day round of some strong, but not expensive, stuff and said if I'm not feeling better in a week to come back.
Definitely not pregnant. But not healthy either. I took tomorrow off work and am hoping to feel better by the end of the day! (Oh, and Beth - I'll do the lemonade thing when I'm feeling a little better!)
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!!!
Yikes! I had an internal exam during my ER visit a few weeks ago. Yeah, not fun at all. Hope you feel better!
Post a Comment