Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Crispy Crab Cakes

I know, I know... It's been a while since I gave you all a recipe... well, not THAT long, but longer than I'd like! David and I are working on deep cleaning our house, and David found a WW magazine from May/June 2008... He was avoiding cleaning and started looking through it.

I LOVE Crab Cakes. My sister and brother in law introduced me to their wonderful-ness when I nannied Chris's daughter several summers ago.... Now, granted, these crab cakes are not as awesome as the ones on the East or West Coast, but they are pretty damn good!

The funny thing....? We had crab cakes as an appetizer at a restaurant today. It was $12 for 2! Really? They were so small. Now, they were good, but SO not worth the money. These were comparible to the restaurant ones in taste, healthier, and bigger! And they were cheaper!

POINTS® Value: 4
Servings: 4

Ingredients
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 egg white
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning (I used Seasoning Salt because we didn't have Old Bay)
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
3/4 lb. imitation crabmeat, chopped
1/2 lb. medium peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped (I used the canned tiny shrimp so I didn't have to chop them!)
3/4 cup fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 (5-oz) bag mixed spring greens
4 lemon wedges

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350*

Combine the mayonnaise, egg white, mustard, seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl, beating with a whisk until blended. Add the crab meat and shrimp; mix well. Add the bread crumbs, stirring until blended. With lightly moistened hands, form the mixture into 8 (2 1/2 inch) patties

Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes on each side. (We have an electric oven, and medium-high was too hot for mine. They got a little burned on the one side, but still edible!) Transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, 8-10 minutes. (I think closer to 10 minutes - I only did 8 and they tasted a little too "crabby", which usually means they aren't completely done.) Arrange the cakes on the greens and serve at once with the lemon wedges.

1 comment:

WantWait&Pray said...

YUM! You've always got such great recipes. You should take pics of your food.....YUM!