Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Updates

Well, I had my follow-up appointment with the surgeon today. He says the pain I am still having is normal. He reminded me that he cut 3 holes all the way through my abdominal wall. He would be worried if I DIDN'T still hurt! He said common sense needs to be my guide as I add activity and lifting back in... but I can go to California, and that's important.

David is on a 3 1/2 day stretch at the hospital. I think this has been the toughest one. I'm sick of being sick. I'm bitchy. He's grouchy. And I'm freaking out about getting everything ready for California. He comes home Thursday morning. There will be, unfortunately, NO relaxing in our household on Thursday. WAY too much to do unless I make a miraculous turn for the better tomorrow.

We are really excited about going to California. David just wishes we could "break away" from everybody. I told him Monday night, we are staying at a hotel in San Francisco that is right next to the beach. I promised him a walk if he could just tolerate the family for the weekend. I'm hoping I'll be up to everything! Right now, I'm still swollen, so praying my dress fits. I haven't tried it on yet because it pulls my abdomen to put my arms over my head.

We are also going to go weigh-in on Thursday before we leave. I wanted to go with him, so I had to wait until Thursday. His goal was 6 lbs this week, putting him under 400 (6 lbs less than when we went off program) which he'll probably hit. I didn't really have a goal this week, but I'm hoping I don't lose too much again. I've been trying to eat more this week, but it's hard when nothing sounds good and I'm not up to cooking. Smart Ones, yogurts, and bananas have been my friends. I would LOVE to be under 200, which would be another 7 lbs, but I don't want it so bad that I am wanting to starve myself! I know I'll hit it shortly...

Oh, and his Honey-Do-This-To-The-House-Before-Summer list continues to grow as I watch more and more DIY and HGTV shows! He told me to stop watching them cause I keep getting all of these ideas and we haven't finished what we started!

Back to the recliner. Yay.

No comments: