Sunday, August 24, 2008

Exciting News!!

This is a 2-part blog, first good news, then some pictures from SF.

David and I have been unhappy with the town we live in for about 6 months. When we bought our house, we did so because David is on the fire department. But, the city has changed alot in the last year, and we aren't happy with the changes. So, we've been praying about it....

David was bored one day, so started looking through real estate. He found a house that was "lease to purchase." He called the guy and I went to see the house. Loved it! Huge, beautiful. Needs some paint and carpet that is my taste, but other than that, it's perfect. Started talking to the guy ~ we were actually pre-approved for an FHA loan!!!!!!!!!!

We should be closing in about 2 weeks, and then the big stuff gets moved on 9/13. We were able to sell our house to a couple on the fire department, so we're free and clear! I will post pics of the house when I have some better ones ~ all I have are on my phone, very dark, and don't give you a good view. But, it's 3 beds, 2 1/2 baths (all a little small, but do-able), finished basement, 2 car garage, established deck, big kitchen (with eat-in area), formal dining room, living room, family room with fireplace......... it's wonderful! All we have to do is put a fence up, and the guy is letting us start it this week so it will be ready when we move in!

God was definitely with us this time around ~ this house is exactly what we needed. We really won't have to ever move again, and all that needs done is the cosmetic stuff that can wait until we're ready!

So, pictures.... These are from my grandparents party. I still haven't downloaded the rest from my camera (yeah, I know, I'm bad about that)...

David and I! I'm down 45 lbs, still a little swollen from surgery. David was down almost 40.


My mom and I. You can tell by my expression I was ready to sit down and take some pain killers!

So, that's it for now... I just had to share my exciting news! I'm going to start packing this week, and the day we close, we'll start moving boxes and stuff over!

2 comments:

K @ Running Through Life said...

Congrats!!! That is great news and you look great in the pics!!!

WantWait&Pray said...

HOLY MOLY! That is just crazy exciting my friend! Awesome!
I can't wait to see pictures....post them soon! Wow, I am so excited for you! BTW- you look FANTASTIC!!!