Thursday, August 14, 2008

Random Weekly Update...

Not tons going on, but I'm not really in the mood to go to bed yet, so I figured I'd come blog!

I had my colonoscopy on Monday. It went well. The dr did remove some lymph nodes to biopsy, but I haven't heard back yet, so I assume they are fine. I have the all-clear for 5 years. Thank God! The entire day seems like a total dream ~ I called the groomers to get the dogs in. I had to call them back because I woke up feeling like I had dreamed it. I saw on my phone I HAD called them, but didn't know what was set up. They laughed at me.

Went back to work on Tuesday. It's bittersweet. I really wanted to be in Kindergarten ~ my principal hired someone new. But, she's good. I'll give her that. But, damn it, I'm a good teacher, and I would have done great in that room! I just keep telling myself things happen for a reason.

Went to weigh-in on Wednesday. I still need to update my tickers, but I lost 1.6 lbs!! Everybody at work is commenting on how I look! I love it! I've never been good about attention, but I'm doing what my leader suggests: look them in the eye and SINCERELY say thank you! Nothing else. Not "Oh, well, I want to lose XX more" or "It's not a big deal. People have lost more than me." By the way, both of these are things I want to say!

Today was Meetings Day. Sat through a meeting all morning and then an hour in the afternoon. Worked on my classroom, and then we had parents in the building for Safe Walk to School. One of my "babies" from last year came to say hi. He didn't even want to meet his new teacher ~ he just wanted to hang out with me! It made me feel good.

I got to see David for 5 minutes today. Someone from work called and asked if he could come back out: the guy's wife is having emergency surgery in the morning. What was he supposed to say? NO? So, I'll see him Saturday night. Hopefully.

I start my last 2 classes in 2 weeks! I can't believe it!!! I'm almost done!!!! This last semester is going to be tough, but it will be so worth it when I'm done. And then in the Spring, I can relax for the first time since I don't know when!

I think that's about it... The dogs are going to the groomer tomorrow, so they will be clean, fluffy, and smell good for the weekend! YAY! I still owe you pics from San Francisco. I swear one of these days life will slow down............

1 comment:

K @ Running Through Life said...

A, I nominated you for a blog award! Check out my blog!
Congrats on the weight loss! Woohoo!
-KK