Sunday, August 17, 2008

SO not expecting THIS!!

Came home today from running errands. Let the dogs out, started heading to back door. Something moved by the TV.

Yep! A gardener snake decided to come say hi. I, of course, freaked out and called my mother-in-law. She came over with our 16 yr old nephew. By the time they got here, the snake had "disappeared." We moved the deep freeze, wine cabinet, and fridge. Couldn't find it.

Fast forward 20 minutes. They left, and I'm again, trying to take dogs outside. I saw it. Under the wine cabinet. Called the family again. They moved the fridge (which is where the first pic was from). The damn thing tried to slither away. My mother in law had to PULL it out from under the fridge.


I had called David and told him it was big. He didn't believe me until he saw the pic with the thing stretched out:


I'm guessing 2 1/2 - 3 feet long???

Seriously, I'm the biggest freak when it comes to reptiles, and then for one to be in my house. OMG! I haven't moved so fast since June, before I got sick!!!!! And, for the record, my abdomen reminded me WHY I don't move so fast.

So, back to the real world... snake got thrown into the field across the street. School starts tomorrow. David comes home Tuesday. May have some exciting non-baby making news on Tuesday! Oh, and David is only 6 lbs away from his 10% goal!!! I'm hoping I will have lost 1, then I can set my lifetime goal!

That's it for my "exciting" news. Now I'm off to bed so I can get up early and get to work! Blech!

2 comments:

WantWait&Pray said...

Ohhhhhhh my goodness! I would have flipped! YIKES!
Thanks for nominating my blog sweetie, I so appreciated your kind words. I hardly feel like I could inspire that gardner snake...ha! Things are starting to look up though!

thewwchick said...

ACKKKKKKKKK!!!!! How in the WORLD did it get into the house? I don't know what I would do. I seriously don't know. I *hate* snakes! One slithered under my tomato plants the other day (according to my 10 year old), and I didn't go outside in the garden until this afternoon. And that was only because my stuff looked like it would die if I didn't get my ass out there to water. I'm a wimp! And slithering reptiles make me scream and wanna puke. Bleck!