Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another update

Well, Dr. K let me out Saturday night. Sunday, I slept most of the day, and noticed my pain was a little stronger than it had been. Monday, I woke up and was in pain as severe as when this all first started. I called the office and they said to come back in.

So, David picked me up since I was in too much pain to drive, and we went back to Dr. K's office. He examined me AGAIN (seriously, getting sick of this), and said the infection had started getting worse again. Back to the hospital I go...

This time, I'm on the maternity floor. Lovely. I am getting much better nursing care than up on the 4th floor. But, I have newborns surrounding me. I'm so thankful that women had healthy babies and that they are able to start their family. But, at 3:00 this morning, all it did was remind me that I am not the one pregnant.

David and I were getting me admitted and his mom called. She is in the hospital too. She may be having surgery today - basically, when she eats or drinks anything, nothing in her GI tract is responding and moving the stuff anywhere. It's all sitting there. So, now David is bouncing back and forth between me, his mom, the dogs, class, and he has to work tonight.

I had a CT with contrast done today. I started spotting, and the heart burn is back with a vengeance. I also noticed the pain is moving to my right side now. So, not sure what's going to happen. I was reading more on PID, and basically, if we can't get this under control, I could end up having surgery. Worse news, I could end up infertile - or have more problems getting pregnant when we start trying again.

I am so scared. I try not to show David how scared I am. I know he's scared too - especially with his mom being in the hospital, too. I have some friends coming to see me today - excited for the company. People from work seem to care less, and that hurts. But, at the same time, I think fuck them. I have more important things to worry about - like getting healthy, avoiding surgery, and ever being able to be on this floor of the hospital for it's original purpose.

So, my lunch is here, my IV is alarming, and I have to pee. What a great update.

2 comments:

K said...

I'm so sorry hon. And ouch- being on the maternity floor. At least you'll be getting better care. But really- that is just terrible.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish I could visit! How long will they be keeping you there do they think? Long enough for a care package to get there? If so, let me know (PM me on FF) with your address ;)

Harold said...

I hope you get better soon and they figure out what's going on with you! Carla is right though, you will get better and be back to baby-making soon :) keep your chin up - I'm thinking of you!