Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Update

Well, I'm sill hurting really bad, but my dad says I'm moving a little faster. I get to take the adhesive "bandage" off of my incisions tomorrow morning! I could take a shower today, but I'm weird about taking showers with my parents here. If something happened, neither of them are strong enough to help. But, I definitely need one tomorrow, even though David won't be home until Monday. A little worried about that, but we'll make due....

The heart burn still comes and goes, pretty much whenever I eat. The dogs love having me home, but Mom's 14 year old, 30 lb Bichon thinks he belongs in my lap. He's such a lump, it just doesn't work. So, he sits and whines at my feet 90% of the time. I still have my ice packs from the hospital - it helps the pain a little, and I make sure to keep up on my pain meds. I slept all night - that was nice! I woke up to mom on the phone, because obviously she needed to do that in the living room instead of her bedroom.

Oh, and I finally got around to uploading the picture dad took of me pre-surgery. The hospital gives you this blanket/gown type thing and plugs it in. It blows up with hot air and you can control the temperature. I wish I could have taken it home!



The only difference between then and now? My insides have been beat up, I'm wearing real clothes, and surrounded by pillows, blankets, and dogs. Oh, and I don't have the good pain meds like I did then!

I'm feeling really guilty about not being at Corum's today. They were alot busier than they thought they were going to be. It was a 3-day stretch instead of 1 or 2 like it usually is. Good for business, but crappy because I'm their main customer service person, and David usually helps drive but couldn't because he's working.

Oh, and he finally talked to his boss... Basically, he didn't get written up - his boss said that it will stay within the department. They are going to have an all-department meeting to deal with the trust issues/rumors/gossip.. all the stuff that is tearing them apart. And the no-socializing with anybody in the hospital? Basically, they can't trust anybody. Chances are, it was one of the nurses that worked that night that told management that I had stayed at the hospital - which I didn't even do! David wants to borrow the van next weekend. He wants to see what rumors come back if my van is there all weekend. I told him he's a dork and we'd see... :-)

So, now I'm heading back to "bed". I'm going to go stir crazy not getting to work, but once David gets home, I'll start trying to sleep in bed again and that will help. I'm living in the recliner for the time being and hold my breath everytime a dog jumps up or down because it sends me rocking...

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Harold said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope it's quiet and relaxing for you :)

I think I missed the rumors with David? I hate drama like that though, people are ridiculous sometimes.

K said...

Yeah, I'm confused about the drama with David too?

Sorry about the pain- hope you heal quickly!