Yesterday marked an important date for David and I! 3 years ago (July 4, 2005), I got my first email from him on Yahoo!personals! I wasn't looking for anything serious.. to meet some guys, go on a few dates, and yes, eventually find the man I wanted to spend my life with. I was still reeling from the ending of my previous relationship, and had had a few dates go bad. So, I really wanted to move slow before I met anyone. I was scared to do the "online thing," but I was willing to give it a shot!
David found my profile and emailed me to say hi and hope I had a great 4th! I read his profile, thought he was cute, so decided to email back... and so it continues.... We talked on the phone for about 2 weeks before we actually met on Aug. 27th, and everything just worked out....
We feel like we've known each other for our entire lives. We were laying in bed last night talking about everything, and it was just nice to talk about our past and how things happened for us.
The 4th was nice last night. My dad came over for hamburgers and brats. We hung out and watched the neighbor's illegal fireworks. The puppies did really good! Jazz was the only one really nervous from start to finish. Max started getting nervous when they did the first BIG boom. Chewy and Sam hung out in the kitchen and watched through the door (we had it open so they could come and go). They preferred staying inside, but enjoyed watching the excitement from where they were! Toby and Allie played outside until I made them go in (an ember flew into our yard, and it made me nervous). Later, they came back out and continued their game of Chase the Firefly!
And in not so happy news... my period started this morning. So, we have to wait another month before we can do anything medical. And then, we have to make the decision: do we wait until January? On David's insurance, I will have to use doctors in Winterset, Creston, or W. Des Moines. I might be able to do one in Council Bluffs (I need to look at the book). If we go forward with Clomid + IUI, which is what my current OB says we will do if David's S/A comes back better, we will both have to be ready and "available" at a drop of a hat. When my OPK reads positive, David will have to go "do the deed" the next morning. What if he is in Greenfield? And he wants to be with me when I have the procedure. So, pray for a miracle, will you? I'm going to temp and do the OPKs this month. Maybe we can hit it on our own!
So, this has gotten ridiculously long (I'm sure), so I'll end it here. I hope all of you had a wonderful and safe 4th of July!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment