Thursday, July 24, 2008

Recovering and decisions...

Well, the surgery on Tuesday went well. Dr. Scott found an appendage (the term, I believe is epiploia) that was inflamed, which caused ALL that pain. So, he removed that and also my appendix. His reasoning for the appendix? Now you don't have to worry about appendicitis! Hey, thanks!


So, now I'm recovering nicely at home. I'm still sore, but the pain is a different pain. It calms down with the Percoset (to some degree), and I actually FEEL like I'm getting better! My dad was here today to help me with the dogs.

Max and Toby making sure I have someone to snuggle with! Thank God for pillows on the abdomen!

Toby and Chewy taking advantage of Mommy being laid up. They KNOW they aren't supposed to be on the patio table!

David and I also took the time last night to talk about moving. We both want to move. But, right now, I'm worried about all these ER visits. And, what if I leave the district, lose my insurance, and I get a post-op infection or something? I'll have insurance through David's work, but then it would be a pre-existing condition. And that's not good!

So, we're gonna hang out in Omaha another year. We'll keep working on the house, and hopefully the market will be better in the spring. Plus, we'll have more bills paid off and a better down payment! Maybe we can get a house that doesn't need so much work!!

That's about it. I'll be around more now that I can make it to the office and sit in this really uncomfortable chair!

No comments: