Well, we knew the time would come when somebody would get SO dirty, they would have to have a bath. That time came last night. David likes to squirt the dogs with the hose to cool them off - Toby and Chewy love it! Everybody else likes it if it's in their pool (yes they have a pool, but Chewy chewed a hole in it, so it's deflated now). But, our garden hose has a leak in it. Positioned directly over a hole, compliments of Max, we have a very dangerous muddy situation!
Sam saw the water and thought she wanted to play. This is what she ended up looking like:

And if you don't know Sam, she has a white snout and 4 white paws. This is her on a regular day.. Pay attention to the white!


So, back to the story at hand...
Chewy was pretty muddy also, so I decided to give just these two a bath! Well, what do you know... Toby JUMPED into the tub! It was covered in mud, so then he was disgusting and needed a bath. My loving, "helpful" husband suggested everybody get a bath since I was already drenched. Sam and Chewy had not been as excited about the bath as Toby.
So, everybody got a bath! Jazz and Max absolutely hate it! Sam and Chewy tolerated it once I was working on them (left in the tub by themselves, they both tried to jump out). Allie was a very patient girl! And Toby... well, let's just say I caught him in the tub again this morning after I got out of the shower! He loves to be wet! Here are some pictures to illustrate the pain we go through...

Jazz being tortured...

Max trying to escape while Jazz is being tortured...

Chewy waiting for Daddy to get done drying Sam off so he can get out!

Allie avoiding the soap!

Toby LOVES his bath! Look at that smile!
So, after each one gets washed, they have to get dried! The problem with dogs with hair is that they take forever to dry. So, we use a towel, dry them off a little.. then, the main reason I even own a blow dryer... the dogs get a "spa treatment" from Daddy! Toby illustrates (only because he was the only one who sat relatively still enough for me to get a good pic)...

Then, they are free to roam... Sam chose to stay in the bathroom and sit on clothes. I think she was mad at me, but didn't want to get in trouble in the living room like everybody else!

And of course, what Spa Day wouldn't be complete without a quick tooth brushing? More or less, I'm just trying to keep the plaque down, and brushing their teeth is cheaper than giving them a rawhide or chewy bone every day! Allie likes the toothpaste, so she tends to lick it off before I actually start brushing:

Ahhh... the exciting lives we lead!



No comments:
Post a Comment