Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Updates

Well, the dr I saw on Saturday (not my usual doctor, but in the same clinic) completely dismissed everything. Literally. She told me I was fine. That unless I could "localize" the pain, that she couldn't do anything. I looked at her and said: I CAN localize the pain. There are 3 places that hurt. Well, which one hurts the most? I can't do that you stupid bitch! God, I was pissed. Oh, and she says "drink more water." Um,hello? I've been drinking almost a gallon every day! Isn't that enough? Well, you should be drinking 64 ozs. Isn't a gallon more than 64 ozs? Then she changed the subject. Bitch.

So, I ended up back in the ER again. The pain got so bad I couldn't stand it. The percoset wasn't helping ~ it didn't even knock me out so I could try to sleep through it. This time, they did a Contrast CT (so I had to drink the nasty shit, and the put a little through my IV as well), more bloodwork, and another u/a. Everything is the same as it was before. They gave me something really strong for the pain, and it helped relax me, but the pain was still there.

Dad took me and Sheila to Village Inn. I ordered my favorite pancakes: multigrain ones that the put chunks of bananas in! YUMMY! The waitress had to get permission from the manager because they aren't on the late-night menu (it was midnight or a little after), and I told her I had been craving them for HOURS at the ER. One bite and I got extremely nauseous. I almost puked at VI. So, I asked for a piece of toast instead. Not so yummy, but gentler on my tummy.

That came up an hour later ~ along with the water I had been drinking and some of the Contrast mixture I had drank several hours before. I laid down, with the trashcan by my bed, and slept until 7:30.

All day Sunday, I was so nauseous and dizzy. I also started having diarrhea (sorry, TMI?). I ate 3 pieces of toast, drank 1/2 a bottle of Propel, and maybe a 1/4 of a small bottle of Sprite. That's it. Not even any water except to take my "new" 800mg Ibuprofen.

I went to weigh-in today. Dad is taking me to the dr. and I want to say "Look at how much I've lost this week." I knew it wouldn't be good. I lost 6.6 lbs in ONE WEEK. While I love the number, the fact that it was in one week is NOT good. So, hopefully the dr will do something this time.

So, who knows what's going to happen... David comes home tomorrow and we have alot of logistics to talk about: will we be able to afford moving now that we will have all these ER visits to pay for? And what about a "preexisting condition" if I have to have surgery after I potentially lose my insurance from the district and go to his? And what about trying to have a baby through all this?

My hands are tied. And I'm scared. And emotional. So many things can be going on right now, and they aren't finding anything. That scares me the most: SOMETHING is wrong for me to be sick into my 3rd week now. Figure this out, people. I can't take much more.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: