Monday, July 21, 2008

Finally some answers!

Well, when you get a frustrated patient with an equally frustrated dad... you get results!

Went to the dr again today and basically said that I wanted referred to a surgeon, today if possible. He didn't think it would be possible ~ the only way to do it that quick was to admit me. I think he figured out how sick and desperate I am when I said "that's fine. book me a room ~ we'll be there in 20 minutes." He came back with the appt. to the surgeon. The surgeon happens to be the guy that is supposed to do my colonscopy next week! He's a really nice guy ~ he also does my dad, and he is the only one that dad will go to for his colonoscopies!

Surgeon is doing a "diagnostic laproscopy" tomorrow at 10:00. He basically knows what he's looking at, but he said this can be misdiagnosed, so there may be other stuff that is causing issues. I probably will stay the night, but not necessarily!

David is even home for 2 days, so it works out really well. AND I can still go to California as long as all goes planned tomorrow!

I'm excited, but obviously nervous. I just am to the point where I'm sick of being sick. And this eliminates alot of potential future problems (preexisting condition, pregnancy, etc.....). So, here we go......

No comments: