Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back on the program!

Well, David and I finally went back to Weight Watchers. We haven't been in a month! And we both knew how well it worked, and we were watching ourselves slip into our old habits. While I was sitting on the couch for the last week ~ not making healthy choices ~ I decided that I would do it. I told David, "I'm going back. I hope you'll join me, but if you're not ready to change your life, I understand." His reply: "When are we going?"

We chose yesterday morning because the leader we like the best only does Monday @ 10:30 and Thursday @ 5:15. David will be working Thursday, so we went for Monday. I have lost 6 lbs since last weigh in ~ probably because I've been sick and haven't been eating much. David gained, but he knew he would. And he didn't gain it all back, so that was the good news.

We head to California for my grandparent's anniversary party on August 1st. I won't be pregnant like my "perfect" cousin, so damn it, I'm going to be thin! I have a gift card left over from my birthday, so I'm treating myself to a dress for the party. Once I find the perfect dress, I'll post a picture of it.

Today, my daily outing is the grocery store. Doesn't sound very exciting, but I am really happy about it! Fruits and veggies will be around the house again. We're going to cook a few meals that are easy to reheat for David and I since he has to work tomorrow and Thursday, and I am still not up to cooking by myself.

I re-vamped the look of my bio, too. #1 - I was bored. #2 - I want my weight ticker where I can see it. I'm gonna post before and current pics shortly. I just need to find them on my computer. Hopefully I didn't delete them.

I'm also hoping I can get back to the gym soon. I miss it. But, obviously, not really up to it yet. I thought about trying a swim class, but now my kidneys are hurting, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea. Maybe by the end of the week or early next week...

So, ready or not, weight loss: here I come!

No comments: