David and I had an awesome time in Kansas City! We stayed at the Sheraton on the Plaza (very nice!), and saw 2 movies (Marley & Me was AWESOME; Tale of Despereaux, not so much). We had dinner at Kona Grill and walked around for a while. Oh, and we went on a carriage ride!
My dad carried on a tradition started last year - New Year's day dinner at our house. He organized and cooked. We just invited. It was nice to see a few people we hadn't seen for a while, and I met one of David's friends from high school and his family.
Our "Gonna Get Pregnant" box showed up while we were gone! I ovulated yesterday (sorry - TMI?), so we're starting the vitamins and hanging out until my next cyle! 2009 WILL bring us a baby!!!
David and I had a long talk on the drive home today. We are both remotivated with our weight loss. He realized he gained most of what he had lost back during our stressful last 6 months. So, when we got home, we sat down and made 2 goals each: 1 weight loss and 1 exercise. David is going to Weigh In tomorrow morning and then again with me on Wednesday. His work schedule is really good this month - every Monday, Tuesday, most Wednesdays, 1/2 Thursdays, and a few Sundays off. We can actually go to the gym and Weigh In together! So excited!!! I put the goals on the fridge so that we will both see them and keep each other accountable!!
My goals: Exercise: 45 min workout at the gym 3 times a week (reward: Wii Active Play "game"). Weight Loss: Down to a Size 12 (reward: a new outfit). Keep me accountable!!!!
We're also getting serious about paying off our CC debts. We are going to try the Snowball method, and in approximately 15 months, we will be debt free. We will still have our 2 car loans, mortgages, and student loans. But, those are much more managable and we can do the Snowball with them too!
2008 has been a long year full of ups and downs, disappointments and joys, tears and laughter, and a whole lot more. Here's to another year!!!!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Happy new year! Good luck with all your goals this year!
I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I hope you're "gonna get pregnant" loot works! =) Not to pry or anything, but are you guys seeing a fertility specialist yet or is your regular OB/gyn handling things? My cousin and her sis-in-law went to a specialist in Omaha, and if you're interested I can ask who it was. Feel free to email me, martini_gal@earthlink.net.
Also, good luck to you on David on your recommitment to exercise and such. It's so hard to get back to it after slacking...I know.
Post a Comment