Saturday, January 17, 2009

Working out at home

So, I LOVE my gym, Prairie Life. But, it's about 30 min away from home. So, on Saturdays, when I work at the shop all day, I just don't feel like going. During the week, it's easier because I'm in Omaha already for work and if David is home, we either go together after dinner, or we meet there when I'm done tutoring.

On Saturdays... I'm just exhausted. I don't want to drive 30 minutes to go work out for 45 and then drive home again! That's not worth it! David let me get a video that looked good:

A walking video that I can do at home AND get strength training? I did it last week one night and really liked it. I did it again tonight because I took Thursday and Friday off - I think I was pushing myself too hard and my incision started hurting again - and wanted to do something.

Turns out, Leslie Sansone has a whole series of videos and stuff! She has a bunch of different videos and products. I got my video at Walmart, and I'm definitely going to get another one soon! The one I got happened to concentrate on hips and thighs, but she others that I'm sure are great!

Well, that's it for now.... I'm doing another Pilates class in the morning and then I have Monday off from school! YAY for a day off!!!

2 comments:

Harold said...

It's hard to find good workout DVDs... thanks for the tip!

Enjoy the long weekend :)

Hazel said...

I've heard really good things about her videos. I can imagine they're really great for those who live in colder climates or days like you have where you don't want to go to the gym. I don't take advantage of the nice weather enough and stay indoors for too many workouts.