Today was a big day in history. Barack Obama became president. My principal gave us permission to watch the festivities. Even though my students are only 4-5 yrs old, they came in that morning and telling me about Obama. I was surprised but figured, hey, they know about him, let's watch! They were very excited when he came out, and even though they didn't really understand what was happening, they knew he was special and they clapped when he came out before the swearing in! They loved the parade and got super excited when the Obama's got out of the limo to walk for a few blocks!
I had tutoring tonight, and then went to the gym. I had an AWESOME workout. I'm starting to really enjoy the hills program and finding it easier and easier. So, Thursday (tomorrow is my off day) I'm going to up the level and see how I do.
I came home and David had made Baked Ziti. We haven't had this for quite some time, but it is yummy and relatively easy. David asked me to serve it up and he threw some salad on the plates (I mixed some up a few days ago so it's ready to go when we want it).
So, you all know how much I love my wine! That's one of my weaknesses. When Corum's did their design show a few months ago, they invited Prairie Crossing to sell/offer tastings. David bought 3 bottles (he's my hero!), and we had saved one... then, we got strong on Weight Watchers again, and wine isn't always worth the 2 points for only 4 ounces.
Well, I told David that I was craving wine, so I wanted to have it one night for dinner. He said it sounded good, so we figured we would open a bottle of Windswept White. Last night didn't work because we worked out right after dinner. We had planned on tomorrow night because David was supposed to have fire training and I went to work out after tutoring. David didn't make it to training because he forgot he had to work, so he made a late dinner! YAY! So, we enjoyed our glass of wine.
Now, I had more than my 4 oz, closer to 6-7.... so I'm taking my 3 points and enjoying it! I can tell I haven't had wine for a while because I'm feeling a little tipsy. But, you know what? I've worked damn hard for that glass of wine! And, damn, it was yummy!
Tomorrow is weigh in. I am so excited because I know I'm doing well. I wore my size 16 pants to work today and they are falling off. I know that means I'm getting closer and closer to my 12s that I'm dying to get into! I've never ever been in a 12. In high school, when I started buying my own clothes, and paying attention to sizes, it was always 16 or higher.
Sunday, David and I are having pictures taken. I have a friend who is just getting into photography and is willing to try to get the puppies into the pictures! We're so excited!!!! I can't wait to see how they turn out - I know she will do an awesome job!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You definitely deserve that wine. You have to treat yourself every now and then, right? And its good for your heart too;)
Post those pics when you can. I want to see the pups!
Post a Comment