Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Would you like to resume your journey?

We went to weigh-in tonight, and the weekly topic was goals. Weight loss really is a journey. Sometimes, people don't realize it. It's not like I went from an 18W to 12 overnight. It has taken me over a year.

My leader, Leah, read a little story from the Shot in the Arm book. It was about the GPS system, who gets "mad" when you go off your path. But, in the story, the person stopped at Applebees. When she restarted the car, the GPS asked "Would you like to resume your journey?" Rather than making them start all over........

Weight loss is a journey. When I stopped for my health and stress and everything else, I went back to Weight Watchers. I wasn't asked to start over - I was "asked" if I wanted to continue my journey. Obviously, I have done just that. Very powerful message!

So, the results.... I lost another 2.2 lbs! I normally don't post my actual weight, BUT I will say that I have hit a milestone and get to go to a winery now! I am definitely thinner than I have ever been - wearing a size 12 - and the only time I will ever go past that number again will be when I get pregnant.

Oh, today is Dad's birthday. Rather than taking him out, we decided to cook for him. We are making Enchilada Pie, which we've never made before. If it's good, I'll post it for you! We're also doing salad and a "mexican" rice mix (brown rice, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, and jalepenos). This is David's favorite way to eat brown rice - practically the only!

4 comments:

Cara said...

Congratulations!! That's an awesome accomplishment on your journey:)
I really like that story--you could apply that to a lot of situations besides health/weight loss, also. Is the book just called Shot in the Arm or is it a WW book?

Amanda said...

It's actually called Shot in the Arm, but we got it in one of the member kits from WW. That was before the Momentum plan though, but I assume they are still printing them!

Hazel said...

That's a great way of looking at it. There's a feeling of failure when you say you're starting over but there's always little stops and bumps along the road.

Congrats on this weeks weight loss! Just saw your new picture, you look great!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Woohoo! Love that motto for weight loss!