At about this time, actually... I was walking in to a Weight Watcher meeting, scared to see what the scale had to say, mad at the world because I wasn't pregnant, and nervous as hell that I was going to have to TELL somebody my weight!
My how things have changed in a year! Yeah, I'm still annoyed I'm not pregnant, but I'm okay, most days. I know I don't have to talk during a meeting if I don't want to, and I'm EXCITED to go to the meetings! I LOVE working out (never thought you'd hear ME say that, huh?). AND I love the way I look 45 lbs down!!!!
Things I've learned this year....
* Portion control - just because it's packaged or served that way doesn't mean it's a portion
* Veggies and fruits are my friends! I can eat them all day long and not get bored. I can't wait for Farmers Market this summer!
* Exercise: Even I can do it! Yeah, it's tough. But, I've found things I love and I do those. I mix it up with the "less fun" things, but then reward myself somehow.
* I didn't gain the weight overnight. It isn't going to disappear overnight.
* I like water! Not purified or out of the tap, but Spring Water is awesome. And I drink TONS all day and pee just as much.
* I'm an emotional eater. Things get bad, I resort to food. I'm still learning ways to deal with that.
And the biggest thing..... I love being healthy! I love being able to walk into a store and not be embarrassed about the size I wear, or struggle to find something that doesn't make me look like my grandmother or a couch!
So, here's to the last 15 lbs.... and a lifetime of healthiness! (And if you want pics - look to your right - the before and current are there for your viewing pleasure)
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Congratulations on your progress! You have awesome willpower.
Go you! I love your list of how far you've come!
Post a Comment